• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looking at a new build. Parts List thoughts.

moagm316

LOWER

Geissle DMR Trigger or RRA NM coated in Nickel Boron

EBR V2/308

KNS Anti Roll Pins

Hogue Overmold Grip

SI Defense AR-308 Lower Parts Kit

MAGPUL PRS Stock

BADASS Ambi Safety Selector

Troy AMBI Mag Release

RECIEVER

SI Defense Generation III .308/7.62 Billet Matched Set Fail Zero Coated or

MA-TEN Nickel Boron coated from WMD Guns

UPPER

Titanium Firing Pin

Troy BattleRail TRX-308 13.8″ or 12"

Nickel Boron coated ambi charge handle for .308/7.62

18" 7.62mm Noveske Barrell

Charging Handle PRI Combat Latch Upgrade

SJC Titan Compensator, .308 720-002

OPTICS/MOUNTS

GG and G  Quick Detatch Heavy Duty XDS Bipod

ACCU SHOT Monopod Precision Rail with Quick Knob

Trijicon Accupoint 5-20x with Green Mildot Reticle

Larue LT104 Scope Mount

Cattail for Trijicon Accupoint

MAGAZINES

Magpul

Since you are mainly focused on the AR10 compatible build I'll point out a few things..

1. You already noticed that you will need the MA-Ten, so skip this one

2. Titanium firing pins = light primer strikes. Not really saving as much as you are losing in this... That's why people stopped using them.

3. Double check on the charging handle choose. I'm pretty sure AR10's require longer handles than the LR308s.

4. Flash hiders and Compensators for combat. Muzzle Breaks for precision shooting.

5. Magpul LR-20 PMAG... Not in an AR10 compatible rifle.

Stupid Noveske. Why did they choose AR10 when it seems the rest of the world is going towards DPMS. Any barrell suggestions other than Noveske? I love noveske Barrells though. Why aren't the PMAGS compatible with Armalite uppers? Ok Here are my wants.

Nickel Boron coated Bolt, BCG, Upper and Lower Reciever, Trigger.

PMAGS.

High quality barrell like Noveske.

• 1 month later...

Okay im still blurry eyed <lmao>  one thing save yourself a 100 bills and get the rr national match....I always start the New Year off with my flame suit on <lmao>  send me 170 and ill send you the geislie trigger.... Oh I have  some of the super duper polar sub molecular extra virgin sub atomic trigger grease that comes with them that makes them work so well  <lmao>  Wash

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, im new here, but am going threw the same problem. Our gun shop just got aproved dealer for Mega Arms. So im starting with a mid length monolithic upper and matching lower, an SR-Gold 308 trigger. A Young Industies bolt carrier group, I was going to use a Magpul PRS 308 stock, but 2lbs no way! So I think a regular Magpul AR 15, 6 position collapsible is gonna do the trick. Plus a Flat wire moddified AR-10 buffer spring, with hydraulic buffer. For a barrel im going with Ballistic Addvantage, seeing how I grew up in Orlando, about twelve min away from there front door, im going with a 16.5 inch National Match SS with flutes and med profile to heavy. Houge for the grip. A flash hidder with threading on outer diameter for suppressor use. DPMS lower receiver completion kit. But who makes the best gas block system for my set up? No pinned applications, I want total barrel gas block area surrounded. Great board, has bin the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Anyone want to talk landline about my build, and could help drop me a email. Thankyou

Yes, you just screw the suppressor right over the flash hidder. Its a kinda new thing, H&K did it awhile back, keeps barrel threads and barrel crown protected. And its quick. Im building this in house at our gun shop. Kinda a promotional deal wear customers can see it built over a 2 month period. Also I will be showing our local Police Chief. To show the effectiveness of a trunk carriable weapons platform that can use an Eotech for CQC from 0 to 100yards, and quick dissconect 5x20x44mm scope with custom turrents to due overwatch out to 300 yards+. The 30cal has the abillity to penatrate soft targets wearing body armor, or penatrate light barracades at disstance. Something there current AR-15s in 5.56NATO wont do with 55gr ball ammo. And the 62gr steel pennatrater isnt safe up close, over pennatrates. Thanks everyone, looking forward to seeing gas block setups. Its the only thing I havent bin able to find here.  Ohh on a stock I was gonna use a Magpul PRS 308, but want collapsible, they have a URS or something like that. Its collapsible but supper sturdy, and the cheekwell doesnt move back, just the comb. Anyone usin this? Its suppossed to be for large caliber ARs??

Ohh on a stock I was gonna use a Magpul PRS 308, but want collapsible, they have a URS or something like that. Its collapsible but supper sturdy, and the cheekwell doesnt move back, just the comb. Anyone usin this? Its suppossed to be for large caliber ARs??

It's the UBR.  It was introduced as an AR15 part, but it works on the larger format guns (works pretty well).  I'm running one on a 5.56 16" midlength:

SpikesBilletMiddy.jpg