• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Accurized AR Match, 26 Dec 21

98Z5V

SO, the title of this match was "Christmas is over - Get out of the house!"    :laffs:

The match is always the 4th Saturday of the month - because sometimes there are 5 Saturdays in a month.  It's unsafe to assume that "it's the LAST Saturday of the month..."  because it might not be.  Because the 4th Saturday of the month, this month, was actually Christmas Day, they held this one on Sunday, 26 Dec 21.

The course this month wasn't easy.  It looked easy on paper, but we did have some wind.  Can you deal with wind?  We start Stage 4, hit 5, 1, 2, 3...   On our Stage 3 we had a solid 6-7mph wind, directly left to right for the targets, with an exposed target on the ridgeline (sky behind it, no calling any splash - it isn't there - it's air...) at 460 yards.  Corked it first shot when I got to it, then move, re-engage same target in reverse firing order, corked it first hit again...  I was on a mission this month. Fuk-around time is over, after how shiitty I shot in October.

Here's the course layout - if you click them enough, they get big enough to actually read.  Click away.

1239516988_Stage1.thumb.png.7753fe1a070bcd91e1047c66ab0dd198.png

160835864_Stage2.thumb.png.23fad18c64a6dfcf5d6fe83dbfdde69c.png

1297662147_Stage3.thumb.png.b7be45fc86bbeac73b5b3a993e8b1f44.png

213243448_Stage4.thumb.png.ff532475fee5372c8d749ca039fbe60f.png

31270484_Stage5.thumb.png.12b48ca3a13886390f8d4f963c161a0e.png

This month, in our own squad, there wasn't ANYTHING getting into my head during this match.  No fuckin' way.  I ran a CLINIC on going after this course, and I shot this fucker very well.  I had a mission inside my head, and nothing was getting in the way of that.  And I did it.

I didn't take any pics this match, because I was either running the timer, or running the scorepad, or showing someone how to run the timer or scorepad - or being late to the line when it was my time to shoot, because of that.  But, I layed it down, when I went up there.  The only pics I have were from someone else.

Stage 5:

2047478300_Stage5.thumb.jpg.ec61ff6698c2b7320d34c435ecca8e40.jpg

Stage 3:

1643403338_Stage3.thumb.jpg.224e552332feee50288248ba46630650.jpg

Here's the old Cow Town buildings, that are the backdrop of where we shoot.

434050626_TheOldCowtown.thumb.jpg.83748bf00c62d934f0e75f5fc7326272.jpg

We started Stage 4, signed up in Squad 4, and I cleaned Stages 4, 5, and 2, the timed tie-breaker stage - the REALLY important one.  I missed 3 out of 10 total on Stage 1, and I was PISSED OFF about the douche fucking PRS guy with his fucking tripod RIGHT IN BETWEEN the two positions that I had to move to, when I got up to move, and kicked the fuk out of his tripod that was in the way - THAT REALLY pissed me off.  Didn't say anything, nothing.  He still didn't learn, and his fucking tripod was in the way on another shooter after me, and when that guy cleared position one, I was waiting, and YANKED that fucking tripod out of the way when the guy started moving.  That was the only point I wanted to make.  It just wasn't the dickhead tripod owner on his own glass at the time  - but he was watching.  Someone else was spotting through his shiit when I did that.  That fucked me up, when I did it, and I wasn't happy.  Didn't let it get to me though, drive on.  "You do you, Tom-Ass, and get over it - go clean Stage 2, the timed tie-breaker, because you're fucked if you don't clean it..."  Roger that. 

Stage 3, I shot 9 out of 12, and wasn't disappointed at all - that was a tough stage.  I nailed all the important shiit, because I was breathing, moving "slow is smooth and smooth is fast" and just ran out of time.  I got the tough ones, more than most people in the squad.

Overall, I had something in my mind that I needed to do Sunday, and I did it. 

Edited by 98Z5V

I remember a friend of mine saying...

[quote]...once you beat me at something, son, I'll start listening to your advice... [/quote]

Get your notepad out, son...  :thumbup:  I stuffed your ass in the school trash can this month, son, and you know it.  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

Dirtbike Tommy did great yesterday, Scuba Steve and his wife and son all were in the same squad, and @Moon Boots shot her second match, ever - it was a great time.  Afterwards is always "Bloodys and Burgers" at the local place that's right on the other side of the road, coming out of the range.  It didn't disappoint, in the least.   :thumbup:

Well, Matt might have been disappointed, because I mopped the floor with him.  I'm just sayin'...   Shiit-talkin' catches up, and it did on Sunday...  Smootches, brother...   🥰

Edited by 98Z5V

Everyone can look over this.  Here's the main page to the overall results.

https://practiscore.com/results/html/cd2a3679-e435-4ade-8488-abe81cf55eda

There's a ton of shiit to click on after that, breaking down classes and stages, inside of that.  If you look at "Open-GO For It-No Equipment Restrictions" for Stage 4 - I have NO IDEA how I pulled THAT off.  But it happened...  :thumbup:

https://practiscore.com/results/html/cd2a3679-e435-4ade-8488-abe81cf55eda?page=stage4Open___Go_for_it___No_Equip__Restrictions

I was in a mood on Sunday, that's for sure.

Edited by 98Z5V

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

because I mopped the floor with him.  I'm just sayin'...

:laffs:2 targets isn't mopping the floor, son!  C'mon, man!  Plus, you had a couple distinct advantages.  You had a stellar spotter for every shot you took (me):thefinger: and I gave you the wind holds for that tall target on the skyline that took me eleventeen tries to find.  Ended up being 1.5 MILS left hold at 460.  That's a lot of wind to find with no feedback.  I don't mind taking one for the team.  That was rough, though.

I have to admit, you shot lights out.  Extremely impressed with a couple of your stages with awesome round/hit ratio and first shot impacts.  You had some killer center of plate hits.  That was awesome to witness.  I had to check a couple times during your turn to make sure someone else wasn't shooting your targets for you!  :hornet:

You got this one, no doubt.  Now let's see what January's match brings!

Looking at the times on the tiebreaker…how do you bring those down?  A fair chunk of the group was twice as fast as you were…there’s some guys who have their poop together for sure. I’m not knocking your score - I’m sure I couldn’t touch it, but the winner on that stage was like 30 seconds?  What’s his trick?

3 hours ago, DNP said:

Looking at the times on the tiebreaker…how do you bring those down?  A fair chunk of the group was twice as fast as you were…there’s some guys who have their poop together for sure. I’m not knocking your score - I’m sure I couldn’t touch it, but the winner on that stage was like 30 seconds?  What’s his trick?

He's the top PRS shooter in the Nation right now. He's just that good. He's unconscious when he shoots. Thousands upon thousands of rounds in these competitions. 

Maybe that dude needs a handicap. That seems insane. That’s like transgender swim meet ass-whooping right there. I see a bunch in the 40’s…Those guys are hot. He’s 10 seconds faster than them even…holy crap. 

Edited by DNP

A whole LOT of those guys are PRS shooters, even though some are just state-level - but they still shoot these types of competitions 2 or 3 times a month.  A bunch of them hit the Las Vages shoots, etc...   They're good - very, very good.  

12 hours ago, JBMatt said:

:laffs:2 targets isn't mopping the floor, son!  C'mon, man!  Plus, you had a couple distinct advantages.  You had a stellar spotter for every shot you took (me):thefinger: and I gave you the wind holds for that tall target on the skyline that took me eleventeen tries to find.  Ended up being 1.5 MILS left hold at 460.  That's a lot of wind to find with no feedback.  I don't mind taking one for the team.  That was rough, though.

I have to admit, you shot lights out.  Extremely impressed with a couple of your stages with awesome round/hit ratio and first shot impacts.  You had some killer center of plate hits.  That was awesome to witness.  I had to check a couple times during your turn to make sure someone else wasn't shooting your targets for you!  :hornet:

You got this one, no doubt.  Now let's see what January's match brings!

Okay, okay...   I hit 43 of 49.  You hit 41 of 49.  That's 2 targets, I'll give you that.  I didn't hear you give me any wind holds for the target in the skyline, but I sure didn't hold 1.5 mils, or I would have missed it.  But, I can read wind, and knew it was a 6~7mph wind at 460 yard 18"-target (that's almost a 1-mil wide target out there) - I held one mil left off-target, and first-round corked it twice.  Once before moving, and immediately again after moving.  Hit it twice, with 2 rounds in a row, brother.  1 mil hold, left.  One full target, off the target, was all I did, because that target was 18" at 460 yards - which is damn near a mil-hold.   :thumbup: I dumbed it down for my lizard brain, and it worked like a champ. 

However, (I'll just go in stages)...   We started Stage 4.  I got 1st, and finally won a damn stage.  You were 4th (I'm staying inside our class on these numbers, not overall, with every class combined).  We both cleaned it at 9/9.

We shot Stage 5, and both cleaned it 8 for 8.  I got 5th, you got 11th...  

Stage 1 - I blew that one and didn't get to shoot 3 targets,  but you cleaned it - I got 20th with 7/10, but you got 9th with 10/10...   Dirtbike Tommy ended up 10/10 for 6th in that stage...   Had that Super-PRS Douche on our squad NOT put his fucking Bino-Tripod DIRECTLY between my first shooting position and my second shooting position, and had I not kicked the FUK out of said tripod whilst moving, maybe my mood would have been a little better for the remainder of the stage.  I was fucking PISSED.  You know I crush it in the prone.  But, it is what it is...  I wanted to rip that shitheads head off. 

Stage 2, Timed Tie-Breaker...   I do NOT go fast on this @DNP, but make sure I breathe, focus, and hit all the targets.  My time is my time, as long as I hit them all, because that time carries in every other stage that you shoot, and tie a hit-count with another person that cleans it - and it matters in every other stage, too. 

Stage 2,  I cleaned it 10/10 at 79.78 for 16th, and you went 7/10 at 89.90 for 26th - and that's the one that tanked you.  I get it, I know you'll talk about it - but that hit on the 3rd target was called IMPACT, and you didn't hear it, and you kept shooting that thing over and over, and timed out.  And it sucks. I was running the scoring pad, and had I not said something, you might have kept shooting that poor fucker down in that wash corner...   :laffs: 

Now, Stage 3, I only went 9/11 targets, but nobody else even shot 10 targets - a bunch cleaned it for 11 targets, but that was enough to put me in 12th for Stage 3.  You went 7/11, and it cost you, and put you in 25th.

I didn't beat you by only 2 hits this month, brother...   Don't play it down like that was the only thing...   43 to 41...   There's alot more to it, and I know you've looked over the data...  :thumbup:

I'll have the same mindset come January, too.  I'll kick the living SHIIT out of any tripod in my way to, and destroy some glass that's hooked to it...   They'll learn to keep it out of the line of movement that way, bet your ass on that...  

That shiit happened, brother...   Just lay back and let it happen, because it already did...   :laffs:

I was En Fuego this month, for good reason, and I'll continue to be from now on...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

I did a round count per stage on remaining ammo.  One mag per stage, marked per each stage, so I can check this stuff.

Stages in order of shooting...

Stage 4 - 9 rounds remaining.

Stage 5 - 11 rounds remaining.

Stage 1 - 7 rounds remaining.

Stage 2 - 3 rounds remaining.

Stage 3 - 7 rounds remaining.

IMG_0697.JPG.89882de7ac08b7636f54206e3011c211.JPG

Stage 4, 9/9 hits, -  9 rounds remaining out of a 20-round mag.  Shot 11 rounds for 9 hits.

Stage 5, 8/8 hits, - 11 rounds remaining. Shot 9 rounds for 8 hits.

Stage 1, 7/10 hits, - 7 rounds remaining. Shot 13 rounds for 8 hits.

Stage 2,  10/10 hits, - 3 rounds remaining. Fuk me, shot 17 rounds for 10 hits  - but this is the one that counts, timed stage.  Go slow, make ALL the hits...  Shot almost twice as much as I needed to, to make all the hits, so maybe that's why I'm twice as slow as some of those speed-demons with half the time... 

Stage 3, 9/11 hits, - 7 rounds remaining.  Shot 13 rounds for 9 hits.

I sure didn't miss alot on this one.  It's usually a 2:1 ratio, from what we've seen in the past. 

Edited by 98Z5V

8 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

What are the popular calibers brother

5.56 predominantly.  Large Frames are 6.5 Creedmoor mostly.  Some 6 ARC, one dude on our squad was shooting it - and it turns out, he's a complete a$shole.  See some 6 GT out there, too, from the PRS guys.  There's alot going on out there, caliber-wise. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, BigNate said:

Sorry I missed it... Was up the hill with family looking at soggy pine trees and pissed at the rain that melted all the snow. 

We'll get you back, brother - next one is next Saturday, 22 Jan.  Reg opens this coming Monday night, 7pm.  :thumbup: