• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anyone use this Glock Timney Trigger?

jrtmasp

• jrtmasp changed the title to Anyone use this Glock Timney Trigger?

I got your back Jay @jrtmasp - I put the Gen 5 version in the 19x around Christmas time, and just shot it a couple weeks ago  - been hectic here.  It's FUCKING UNREAL.

@JBMatt was with me, and shot it a few times, and decided he needed one in his life, so he got the Gen 3/4 trig for his gun.  He hasn't shot it yet, only dry-fired it and worked it in.

It is hands-down the most badass trigger you can get for a Glock, I don't care what anyone says.  I was doing 5-second drills with it the first time I shot it, and I made it harder on myself on purpose.  Instead of 5 or 7 yards, I set steel at 10 yards.  Delayed beep, don't ask me if I'm ready, don't tell me to stand by, when I tell you, just quietly hit the button, and I won't know when the beep is going off  -I need it to be unknown...

Hands at sides, pistol holstered in a retention holster, wait for beep.  The goal is 6 rounds on target, under 5 seconds, from the draw.  Best I pulled that day a few weeks ago - first time working this trigger...   6 rounds on target, hands down at sides, pistol holstered.  3.14 seconds.

Don't think about it - just buy it.  It's everything that they say it is, and even more than they say it is.  You cannot go wrong, no way, no how.  If you buy it and don't like it, I'll buy it from you (my money-back guarantee), then put it in my Gen 3 P80 G17 gun.   :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Sorry, you blood-thirsty fuckers.  I've been keeping quiet about that trigger.  I just couldn't let you fuckers do that to Jay...   :thefinger::banana:

Awwww.....we were just funnin. Besides....I knew that he was gonna buy it anyway. :laffs:

And I wouldn't do anything to get on the wrong side of that big ol bastard. I mean....standing side by side.....I look him squarely in the sternum. :lmao:

The big fukin mutant. Him and Larry must exchange notes on intimidating "normal sized" people.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I got your back Jay @jrtmasp - I put the Gen 5 version in the 19x around Christmas time, and just shot it a couple weeks ago  - been hectic here.  It's FUCKING UNREAL.

@JBMatt was with me, and shot it a few times, and decided he needed one in his life, so he got the Gen 3/4 trig for his gun.  He hasn't shot it yet, only dry-fired it and worked it in.

It is hands-down the most badass trigger you can get for a Glock, I don't care what anyone says.  I was doing 5-second drills with it the first time I shot it, and I made it harder on myself on purpose.  Instead of 5 or 7 yards, I set steel at 10 yards.  Delayed beep, don't ask me if I'm ready, don't tell me to stand by, when I tell you, just quietly hit the button, and I won't know when the beep is going off  -I need it to be unknown...

Hands at sides, pistol holstered in a retention holster, wait for beep.  The goal is 6 rounds on target, under 5 seconds, from the draw.  Best I pulled that day a few weeks ago - first time working this trigger...   6 rounds on target, hands down at sides, pistol holstered.  3.14 seconds.

Don't think about it - just buy it.  It's everything that they say it is, and even more than they say it is.  You cannot go wrong, no way, no how.  If you buy it and don't like it, I'll buy it from you (my money-back guarantee), then put it in my Gen 3 P80 G17 gun.   :thumbup:

Too much in that response to love so I won’t shorten it…

I’m sold. I’ve been looking to upgrade my gen4 17 for a while. Only problem is I’ve thought about buying an optic for it so I’d need to get rid of it and probably go with a gen5 17MOS. I’ll decide this week. Not worth it paying for my current one to get milled out and coated

5 minutes ago, jrtmasp said:

I’m sold.

Just keep in mind, for that Timney - there's a G5 version, and a G3/G4 version.  If you upgrade to the G5 17 MOS, the G3/4 version trigger won't work in it.  The G5 trig won't work in the G3/4 guns. 

Make that gun decision, brother, whether you buy the G5 17 MOS - before you get the trigger.  This trigger will make you smile like a motherfucker...  :banana::lmao:

• 3 weeks later...

Trigger came in and finally installed. Quick 50 rounds to test it out. What a BEAST. I highly recommend it.

SRO plate came tonight so now I have to make sure everything is lined up as it should be. Don’t get me started with the lack of communication between Trijicon and Glock regarding the mounting plate. Ball dropped by both. Years of keeping the same problem going too.

On an unrelated side note, not a fan of the Vickers mag release. No improvement imo…wasted money. Going to try the Tyrant mag and slide release. Vickers backplate replacement is great though. Did require modification for some reason and may not be for everyone but I love it.

D11BBFA1-EB82-4C1B-84EB-E9DA9672FD38.jpeg

Edited by jrtmasp

On 3/3/2022 at 12:15 AM, 98Z5V said:

Well, that G5 17 escalated quickly!   :laffs:

well done, brother  - very well done.  :thumbup::hail:

Thanks and yes it did 😆. I’ve wanted to put something like this together for years though. Only thing left is I’d like to get double undercut work done on the trigger guard. That can wait.

…A good gun for travel fun out west.