• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Springfield Armory of Geneseo,IL Dropped Their Match and Super Match Rifle

On 2/11/2022 at 7:01 PM, Jarhead504 said:

They will no longer make their "Match" and "Super Match" versions and, IIRC, their "Loaded" variant.  This was discussed on "M-14 Forum".  I suppose the Stoner Family of rifles have too much support and "luv" at the range.  I know that glass-bedding the M-14 is difficult and expensive.

Jarhead

Glass bedding the M1A and M14 isn't too expensive if you do it your self.  I've been doing it since 1970 (M1 30 Cal and 03A3 .3006, learned it after the USMC time.

I got out in 1966. I used Brownell Accura  Glass products.

• 3 months later...

Its a shame that they are ending these. Guessing there is more money in selling the SOCOM 16's and squad scout variants. 

My "Loaded" rifle has a bunch of Match goodies added (spring guide rod, trigger tuned by Arrington Accuracy, piston, etc.) but I've always stalled when thinking about bedding it.  Not a skill I have much of - and I don't want an early pass to screw up the stock.    Some day I'll stumble on a beat up old stock - buy it - and use it as the Guinea pig... 

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

There's an Interarms 25-06 out there epoxied together during my first bedding attempt, schit happens for sure.

That thing has to be badass anyways - quarter-bores are amazing.  Especially a quarter-bore from a 30-06 case...   :hail:

29 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

a quarter-bore from a 30-06 case...

With a compressed load, the max load was so close to filling the case I would just use the volume system, overfill the case and scrape it off flush and then crunch, in goes the bullet. Like shooting a laser, no holds needed for hunting ranges and about a 2 moa load..... for maybe a couple hundred rounds then it was all downhill, Interarms used a tough old Mauser action but I don't think I would pull the trigger on that load knowing what I know now about reloading :laffs: