• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Locating proper scope mount has been a pain

BeeKay

Hi Guys 

I've spent a good several hours trying to search out a simple 1 piece mount that is not offset, but for some reason the search engine on all the sites I've looked, like Optics planet, Midway, Brownells etc freezes up as I narrow down the filter ... I don't get it. But I've been dealing with this frustration since this morning and it's 8:30 pm now.

So I just thought I'd ask here 

Looking for a 1 pc, No offset - just straight up, 1" tube dia, 1.125" height approx, about $60 price range

Any ideas ?  I thought it would take about a half hour to find something but I've been at it way too long - No Results

Thanks for any assistance

Edited by BeeKay

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.

Pretty much an example of why searching for an upright 1 pc scope mount can be frustrating.

You have the one for $11.99 - Which I'd buy... Except it's 11 mm

Then there's DNZ who offer some for hunting rifles in the $40 - $60 range, but for pic rail, they're $139

And apparently nothing in between.

It seems like there'd be demand for upright mounts, considering that everyone with glass optics uses a BUIS and  offset mounts eat up space on the rail where that could be mounted... I also have a brass catcher that mounts on the rail.

17 minutes ago, BeeKay said:

It seems to be one of those things that makes too much sense so there's no demand for it.

I'm running 0 offset ADM mounts on 3 different rifles. GGG, Larue, and a few others make 0 offset options in multiple heights as well in that same general price point. There are some high dollar ones as well like the Sphur. The limiting factor here is your budget. 

Generally speaking, an offset mount is beneficial for this style of rifle, so there are more options. 

3 hours ago, blue109 said:

I'm running 0 offset ADM mounts on 3 different rifles. GGG, Larue, and a few others make 0 offset options in multiple heights as well in that same general price point. There are some high dollar ones as well like the Sphur. The limiting factor here is your budget. 

Generally speaking, an offset mount is beneficial for this style of rifle, so there are more options

Thanks - ADM looks good - The QD is cool too 

I'm getting more good results on my searches now .  But it took a while to reach this point

Edited by BeeKay
punctuation

OK, order placed.

This search drove me nuts. I might have internet issues or something like that, causing sluggish data processing. But whenever I went to search something on Amazon, it always led me to Monstrum, as if there's no other product line... It's obviously a conspiracy....   lol

Thanks for helping get things moving in the right direction.

An offset mount shouldn't ever be back so far that you can't fit a BUIS. I think you may be inventing issues. Most people need the offset on this platform to get proper eye relief. The 0 offset mounts will usually only work if you have a continuous top rail. As a general rule, you shouldn't bridge the receiver/handguard with any optic mount (the reason they came up with the offset mounts)

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2022 at 6:31 PM, BeeKay said:

Something where the rear ring is flush with the back of the rail clamp is a huge improvement over what I have been trying to use.       

At least that leaves room for the BUIS.

Warne,    ADM is good with the QD,   Aero looks like it could work too

I’m curious if you’re thinking the offset/cantilever side of the one piece mount is supposed to go to the rear? I’ve been seeing a lot of pics by sellers online and in catalogs that have had them in this configuration and it’s the wrong orientation for an offset/cantilever one piece mount. The rear ring should be the one that’s vertically flat and the cantilever end goes towards/over the forend. This will give you space for your rear buis and allow proper eye relief. Something like the Burris PEPR is imho reasonably priced in either the bolt on or QD versions and in my experience has been solid on my predator rifle. 

I hope this helps if you were confused with how they’re supposed to be mounted. 

Edited by JMJ

16 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I had a QD version snap a bolt while shooting on a 308 6-7 years ago. They did replace the mount with a new one, no hassle and fast, I sold it though.

Good to know, I’ve got the bolt on version and just use a Wheeler fat wrench to get return to zero when I’ve swapped it out for my x-sight.