• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The dreaded Gibbz AR10 Upper and Lower

Nja112189

I have a Gibbz upper on an 5.56 set up that has worked real well. I haven't shot it a ton over the last few years though. I seeked input on building an AR10 platform gun. It appears that there was a lot of negative feed back but took the big risk. Shot 40 rounds through it and no issues.

Edited by Nja112189

• Nja112189 changed the title to The dreaded Gibbz AR10 Upper and Lower

I've had the upper receiver for about 4 months and finally assembled last Friday. I have the gas block wide open and mid JP spring. We have deer hunting this weekend so I just took it as a win that it functioned correctly. Will fine tune and post if I find issues. Was using the heaters hunting ammo from Cabelas.

8 hours ago, Nja112189 said:

I've had the upper receiver for about 4 months and finally assembled last Friday. I have the gas block wide open and mid JP spring. We have deer hunting this weekend so I just took it as a win that it functioned correctly. Will fine tune and post if I find issues. Was using the heaters hunting ammo from Cabelas.

Good luck with your hunt...and rifle 

On 11/15/2022 at 12:29 PM, Nja112189 said:

I've had the upper receiver for about 4 months and finally assembled last Friday. I have the gas block wide open and mid JP spring. We have deer hunting this weekend so I just took it as a win that it functioned correctly. Will fine tune and post if I find issues. Was using the herters hunting ammo from Cabelas.

There, fixed it for ya.   :thumbup:

What he probably meant is the herters ammo is loaded light. You turned up the gas so it will function.

NOW your gas is turned up too high for the brass ammo to function correctly. Your bolt is running to fast for the brass ammo.

Less gas or more buffer mass should get the thing running with brass ammo.