• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CAA SRSNL or MAGPUL PRS?

Spaniky73

My next purchase will be a A2 stock. I am looking at the Magpul PRS or the CAA SRSNL (No mono pod). I can get them for the same price so that is no issue.

magpulprs.gif

The PRS only has two points of adjustment but it is a proven system. The PRS also has to be modified for the LAR-8.

SRSNL.jpg

The SRSNL has 4 points of adjustment but is new to the market. Also no modifications required.

NO! NO!! NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!!!! on the CAA.

I don't like to push my personal opinions on people, especially when it comes to a rifle. In this occasion I think I am saving you from wasting money on an inferior product. I have used both, and there is absolutely no comparison in quality. To give a small example; I know a dealer who bought 5 of the CAA stocks the week they were first released.... He still has four of the original five, and the one he sold he had to sell for cost. He has them priced $5 under what he paid for, and they still won't move.

The Magpul PRS uses the standard Magpul polymer that they use on everything. I believe they also add weights inside, to counterbalance the average "sniper-type" weapon they put on.

The CAA is plastic. Poor Q.C. and molding left sharp edges and "flashing" (that's where the plastic seeped between cracks in the mold) everywhere on the gun. I could bend and flex the stock with my bare hands.

The bolts and knobs you see on a PRS, are all metal. The CAA is plastic on plastic, with a few metal screws to hold it together. A two dimensional image makes the CAA look phenomenal, but once you put one in your hands you will recognize the lack of quality.

In the end, as I always say, don't let my biased opinion change your build. I just ask, please please please do more research than some E-window shopping. Get to a gun store or a gun show and try one of the CAA stocks out before you buy.... If you can't find a piece to play with, that should be a clear sign that no one is buying these for a reason.