• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

C.O.L.

LongDucDong

DPMS LR308, stainless bull barrel. Factory mags, 20 round. I have shot factory ammo without any problem. Hornady SP with soft tip go beat up feeding, Rem. core lock was fine. New Geisselle SSA trigger that I;m not overly impressed with. I'll keep working on it and see what I can figure out. Thanks again.

Ditto on factory mags..nothing but trouble with mine....C Products mags work great if you want a metal mag...max cartridge length is 2.800 but you might have. 01-.02 wiggle room... in an AR15 I've found loads that are at the OAL limit in a metal mag won't fit in a Pmag ..don't know if its same issue with 308 Pmags ..

If you are not having problems with factory ammo , it is more than likely is the reload configuration ( bullet ) being not compatible with the mag..

DPMS mags can be tweaked to make them work with any reload combo , the feed lips need to be angled up a little more . Brownells sells a tool to do this ,but can be accomplished with a pair on needle nose pliers , if you are careful , it doesn't take much to make them work or screw them up worse .

I have a solid copper bullet that has the same problem with some mags , you can also shorten the COL  a little at a time to test . Make a dummy round & seat the bullet in deeper a little at a time & you may find a sweet spot ( col ) for that bullet . It may or may not affect accuracy .

Or buy a Pmag.

Thanks, I will buy a pmag and try to alter one of my factory clips. I sure don't won't to mess with this load. After one round to find where I was on the paper at 100 yds., I put four rounds in two joining holes less than a dime. I had 35 more test rounds I didn't even want to shoot after that. But I did, couldn't help myself. No other combo was as good. I did get a 1/2" out of one other load. Let you know later how the new mags work and how the mag alteration goes.

Or try my private 'last ditch cure.'  Soak the metal mags with Mobil One 10W-30 Full Synthetic.  Dry them after a bit with paper towel.  Internal parts of the mag may be hanging up a little.  This will fix that.   

Seemed to help my DPMS factory steel mags.  All those other mags cost too much for me.  I don't shoot that much.  Worst case,  I will and do single load and the inserted mag is just a floor in the loading port.

Mobil One fixed all the mags for my M1911's.  The factory mags,  the new after-market mags,  the SS used mags from the gun shop (cheap-  did not work well and would not eject properly or smoothly;  oiled them and they are great!!).

Mobil One Full Synthetic also stops and prevents all rusting and corrosion for me.  Best stuff I have found so far (since 1963).  I like to add some Kroil as a cleaning agent.  And the oiled guns and gun parts are not greasy or wet with oil,  they just have a nice sheen.  Keep this stuff off wood and anything electrical or electronic and not even close to scopes or optical lenses.

I had a S&W 9mm new within 200 rounds had a broken ejector,guy at the shop asked if I single loaded round.Seems if you put round in then release slide it beats up ejector.Does single feeding AR type rifle cause a problem if after round is inserted you sling shoot charge handle? <dontknow>

Bro, designs are very specific.  If your owner's manual doesn't actually spell it out that you can single-load by dropping a round into the action, then don't do it.

I can't help but wonder if he meant the extractor, not the ejector, getting tweaked by single-loading.  1911s are famous for being tempermental with the extractor.

I don't know anyone personally but there are lots of stories of attempting to chamber rounds and the round goes off.

By the book:  insert a magazine with one round loaded, rack the slide or operate the charging lever/handle.

Jon

I miss spoke/wrote it was the extractor,I did not single load the pistol and couldn't understand why someone would.After that I lost confidence in the Sigma and sold it didn't trust it.I also feel that if you single load using the mag is the way to go.BTW it was repaired at no cost to me,but was totally turned off to pistol.Which opened the door to my XDM [things happen for a reason].Thanks brother Jon.

I will add a brainfart I had while cleaning my Standard Operator,while cleaning the BCG checked the ejector and it took all I had to push the damn thing in.Set it on the counter and put CLP on it while working in and out.So while watching the tube with the wife figured I check ejection.Put in empty case,slingshot charging handle then tried to eject the case.The interior was cleaned and lubed but it locked up like a nun's cat.Could not pull back handle at all.Asked brother Tom what to do [he said open action and tap out case with cleaning rod so as not to fight buffer]but before I read response pulled a few more times with the upper and lower closed was able to get case to eject.Thought I would share my dumbass moment. :o