• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

RV shotgun

392heminut

So, some arsehole broke into my 5th wheel RV last year and stole my Winchester 1200 12 ga. riotgun. It was stored at a 6' high chainlink enclosure behind my friend's gas station. We had a couple of suspects but the local P.D. has done squat about it. Whoever it was came back the next night and broke into my little Prowler boondocking RV to see if I had any guns in there too. (which I didn't) They literally cut through the back corner of the fence to get in. Needless to say. I'm now storing the 5th wheel at a storage facility that is right across from the Sheriff's Office and has great security.

I had to replace the Winchester and I ended up buying a Mossberg Shockwave. It fits nicely in a nook right nest to my bed in the RV. I haven't shot it much, but I have put a dozen or so 00 Buck rounds through it and about 50 rounds of birdshot. It's not bad to shoot with the standard 00 Buck but it's a handful with the high power loads. I'm planning on picking up some of the 1 & 3/4 inch short shells and trying them out. If they work out I will most likely keep the gun loaded with them. I have already added a six round sidesaddle shell carrier to the gun that isn't shown in the pic below.

shockwave.thumb.jpg.d5200b5a92d66626de7199f1285568c1.jpg

Edited by 392heminut

Found this quote from you from a few years ago when I was rereading some older shotgun posts. But I think the Shockwave will do you fine.

"I've been lusting after a 930 SPX for a couple of years now. Problem is, I keep buying other schit!"