• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings from southeastern AZ

rhinegarten

Just joined the great society of .308 AR owners with the completion and break in of what turned out to be an AP4 carbine (DPMS). I built 3 AR-15 Bushies about 20 years ago. Sold one and still using the other two. Many a ground squirrel and jackrabbit has gone to rodent heaven as a result of those little 5.56s.

A fellow at work was moving and selling his stripped LR308 lower (he decided to guy the complete rifle instead of building one), so I figured it was similar enough to the AR-15s that I could figure it out. The rest of the lower went together like a breeze.

But...I cheated and bought a factory complete upper at a local gun show. Maybe an education can be gained from this board and another upper with a 20" barrel can be pieced together. Then uppers can be changed depending on how many cups of coffee I had that morning.

So, I follow in the footsteps of all of you who've gone before and required credit counselling as an alternative to chapter 11. We can all sit in our cardboard shacks with our .308 ARs and talk tech - LOL.

Salutes!

Planeflyer -

sounds as though it could be interesting. NW side myself about a mile from the freeway - in the county but much of the area has (apparently) long been annexed by Marana for the tax revenues.

Some weekends are free, pretty much out of the question during the week. Full, and I do mean FULL time job. Not complaining though.

Any of you Arizona boys ever attend the M.G. shoot just north of Wikieup on US93? It's held twice a year, and it's quite a bash.

Haven't hit that up - didn't even know about it.  I'll definitely look into it, though.  <thumbsup>

Any of you Arizona boys ever attend the M.G. shoot just north of Wikieup on US93? It's held twice a year, and it's quite a bash.

Couldn't do it the last three times and was invited  though.

Rio Salado has MG's and sub guns one Thursday every month in the evening but I cant get off work to do that.

Mike H

Next MG shoot is 30, 31 March, and 01 April. They also have one in October. I was there last October and some guys were lighting off the 76mm main gun on an M18 Hellcat WW2 tank. The muzzle blast was not to be believed. You just never know what's going to show up. Night shoots are pretty spectacular, that's when the tracer goblins and pyrotechnics come out. www.mgshooters.com

Always seems to be a number 1919A4s and ma deuces that show as regulars. Sometimes muzzle loading cannons anywhere from about 3 to 5 inch show as well as a guy with a beautifully restored gatling gun in the original 45-70.

Admission is $25 for  a spectator for 3 days (actually 21/2).

Yeah he is.

He's the guy I got all my instructor certs from, and helped him to revamp Southern AZ Firearms Educators (S.A.F.E.), along with a bunch of other instructors.

FWIW, the local GOP requested that Chester NOT hold machinegun shoots for fundraisers, as that could be seen as "insensitive".  He told them "It is a legal activity, being conducted by law-abiding citizens.  Are you sure you're not in the wrong party?"  <thumbsup>

Jon