• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How wicked can one thousand be?

Lima_Charlie

I'd really prefer to go armalite anyone know we're to get an 80% from?

I'm aware of ZERO companies offering an 80% Armalite AR-10 based lower right now.  Nobody does it in an 80% or a 100% (paperweight).  They just aren't out there.  For 80% .308s, it's DPMS-pattern or nothing.

Best bet?  Find out from JohnnyV where he got his raw forging from.  It's Armalite-based, and it was untouched, virgin, raw forging...  <dontknow>

Also, take a look at what he went through to finish it:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105733611223878902496/AR10ProjectLowerReceiver?authkey=Gv1sRgCOTgxtWLuY_lOg#

If you have access to a CNC machine, and can run it, I've got Armalite-based lower blueprints you can have.

My DPMS platform build:

I was functional at $1400 on my build from a stripped lower(not an 80%) finished with optics place me at $2200ish.

I have a 308 rifle that is 100% functional, made with top quality components, more accurate than I am, and nice to look at as well. $1000 less than any of the "best" (read overpriced) manufactures with a better trigger/charging handle/stock and optics included.

Back on subject, as stated  $1000 will not get you very, $1500 is more realistic, however bear in mind that you still need money to feed it once it's built. Realistically $2k would be a minimum. If you just want a sub 1k semi 308 look at the $900 bushmaster/dpms entry or the basic cmmg style.

Why is this thread still going??  If you have $1k, save another $300 and buy the E10A4CBMF from Armalite.  It's Eagle Arms, but I'm sure if Armalite is selling it on their website it's not junk.  This whole project sounds like more trouble that it's worth.  Order the EA rifle, pay for it, and go shooting.

Or hold off, and save a few more beans and spring for the Armalite AR-10A4C.