• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

:'(

• Due to a pricing error  we had to canceled the transaction and refund your money.  We apologize for the inconvenience but hope  we can still do business together in the future!   
    Sincerely,
    NelsonTactical Sales Team

Your order has been updated to the following status:
    New status: Cancelled

I've got news for you.  I don't deter that easy.  I just sent them a pointed email telling them that I have a copy of my order which they accepted and should now honor (I copied and pasted it to them).  Any store that I know of which makes a mistake generally honors their advertising.  You know it...I know it.  The fact that they made a mistake alters nothing.  As good businessmen, they should fill the orders placed and then pull the page down and accept no more.  If they don't they invite unwanted attention.....which they are about to receive from me if they don't honor my order.  You may want to send a similiar note.

We'll see what kind of response I receive.  I'll keep you posted.

Good for you!! Put their feet in the fire, and make them honor their deal. They can check their prices BEFORE they go posting them online, not afterwards. The quickest way to disappoint and make sure a customer won't return is to pull a shady deal like this one, and someone needs to be telling them so. Personally, you can rest assured that while I have browsed from their store, I won't be buying from them at any point if they don't do right by you, and I would most certainly warn anyone against buying there in that event, if at all possible.

This is what they sent me:

"Due to a pricing error we had to cancel the transaction and refund your money.  We apologize for the inconvenience but hope we can still do business together in the future!

Sincerely,

Nelson Tactical Sales Team"

As you allude to, it's not my fault that they made the mistake and it certainly didn't read like a mistake.  It read like a huge price slash.  Once I read their "so sorry" email, I hurried over to their website in disbelief.  They had already pulled their add by the time I'd checked it. 

But, more importantly, they clearly advertised it as a huge savings, which it was.  They clearly demonstrated intent to slash prices, advertising the original price with a slash price through it, below that they printed in bold numbers the dollar savings and the new low price (which admittedly made me to a triple take).

So........their contention of a pricing error doesn't wash because they posted an original price, the price savings, and the new, low price.

If they do the wrong thing and attempt to sweep this under the rug I will warn them that I will be contacting the  Attorney General from both my state and theirs as well as the Better Business Bureau.

I'm hoping when they sit down and read my email to them, they will do the honorable thing and process my order because it will cost them far more in negative press then will have been worth it for them.

I feel sure that enough of us went and looked at the page that we could hold some sway in this... I went there and saw the price, I'm sure I'm not alone. I'd be happy to put my name to anything that will help you rectify the situation. These guys are heavy sellers on Gunbroker and it would not do well for them to establish a reputation as being fraudulent. Whatever I can do, I will back you 100%.

Admittedly, my anger has subsided, but imshur will vouch for the fact that they were selling 5-packs for $49.95.  I ordered 3 packs.  According to their own media, that sale was posted on April 9, so that means it was up for 2 weeks.  With a deal like that, I find it hard to believe that someone didn't see it and jump on it before I did.  Maybe it was a promo stunt------I have no idea, but I do know that this is gonna backfire on them.

By example, several years ago, I walked in to a major outdoor company up here where I live looking for decent hiking boots.  I went over to the table, saw a pair I liked and took them over to the counter.  The price they rang up was decidedly more than that which was advertised over on the table.  The manager went over and verified, that yeah, they made a mistake on the sign......but in good faith, honored the price as posted and then went back over to rectify their mistake.  Since then, I have gone back to that store and spent a substantial amount on their products.

That is what these people need to realize.  They posted the price, the savings, and the new price per item.  They need to honor that in good faith.  As such, I'd say heck yes, write them and let them know what you think of that kind of business practice.  All I'm asking is that they honor my order.  They will lose more in lost revenue from bad publicity than the money spent in rectifying their mistake.  News in the gun community travels.

Makes sense to me.

To their credit, I'd rec'd a message from Nelson Tactical while I was out.  I called them back and he said that it was an unfortunate mistake with their computer.  He told me that instead of listing the $44.95 price per mag, the computer had listed the 5 pack as $44.95 per.  He said the same thing happend to a gun they had placed on Gunbroker, so he was trying to do damage control. 

He was profusely sorry, and said that, that price for a 5-pack was unreasonable (which I suppose I couldn't argue) but he said that he would sell me a 5-pack for $185 with free shipping.  I think I'm going to pass and will go with the Pmags, though imshur, I mentioned you to him, and he said he was aware of your order as there were just the two of us, so if you want to place an order with them, call Darrell @ (920) 884-2580.

Guess that's about it.

To their credit, I'd rec'd a message from Nelson Tactical while I was out.  I called them back and he said that it was an unfortunate mistake with their computer.  He told me that instead of listing the $44.95 price per mag, the computer had listed the 5 pack as $44.95 per.  He said the same thing happend to a gun they had placed on Gunbroker, so he was trying to do damage control. 

He was profusely sorry, and said that, that price for a 5-pack was unreasonable (which I suppose I couldn't argue) but he said that he would sell me a 5-pack for $185 with free shipping.  I think I'm going to pass and will go with the Pmags, though imshur, I mentioned you to him, and he said he was aware of your order as there were just the two of us, so if you want to place an order with them, call Darrell @ (920) 884-2580.

Guess that's about it.

dirigoboy,

I have 2 brand new DPMS 19 round mags that came with my AP4. I would be willing to swap 2 of your Magpul Pmags  with you. Kind of a deal, eh? I have only used the Pmags and find no reason to try anything else (stick with what works).

Mike