• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What sniper weapons

Jgun

I'm wondering if any of the members can help to identify the weapons these guys are holding? The black rifle on the far right appears to be a Barrett, and some of those near by look like bolt guns, they all look to be snipers weapons but the pictures not that clear and my eyesights not that great.

I have no interest in debateing  the non PC issue from the article, I'm just curious about the hardware.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/09/us-marines-nazi-ss_n_1265930.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D134290

not wanting to weigh in on the PC issue, but...in a related personal story......

when i was in iraq, people were naming tents they lived in (tha dawg pound..house of pain...blah blah) stupid things soldiers do on down time. being who i am, and seeing as i was stop-lossed and several weeks past my ETS date already, i made a sign naming my tent "the anti re-enlistment office" this obviously didnt go well, but the real zinger came when my 1SG came to pull the sign down. it was early in the war and we really only had what was in our packs, so i used a rosary some missionary group was handing out to secure the sign. the thing couldnt be seen as it was behind the sign. i wasnt making any political/religious statement, i was resourcefully using the items on hand to accomplish the mission lol. i expected the trouble for the sign (otherwise i wouldnt have done it) the religion based ass chewing caught me off guard, but in hind-sight maybe deserved. the one that came out of left field was my black 1SG trying to frag me as a racist/KKK member for the hidden meaning of the accidentally, and not visible,  upside down cross. i spent many days being interviewed by chaplains...EO officers..frickin CID of god sakes. my only escape came from my cool XO and CO letting me slip onto a team going forward and getting the hell away from camp. it blew up into a REALLY big deal. MPs were waiting for me at the ops tent when it happened like i was a domestic terrorist with a ruck full of semtex. was quite an experience.

Going Left to right; #1-10

1. M-40A5 (M-40A3 with threaded barrel and Surefire Silencer)

2. M110

3. M110

4. *OBSCURED

5. M110

6. M-40A3 (M-40A1 with adjustable stock and crowned barrel)

7. M110

8. M110

9. M-40A3

10. Barrett

That's my guess <dontknow>

The M-40A1 is a military tricked out Remington Mod 700. The M110, as you all know, is a tricked out KAC SR25/Mk11 Mod 0

Brother blue thank you for your service,glad you made it back home.In hind sight para-cord might have been better than rosary you already were pissing off the 1Sgt.,might as well have gone the extra step and made the sign harder to take down <laughs>.By the way what did you do with the Semtex? :o

For what it's worth, that "SS" on that sign doesn't have a damn thing to do with Nazis or any other bullpoopy like that.  I HATE political correctness.  That is commonly used amonst "Scout/Sniper" units.

PC shitheads don't often think the "SS" is the KISS symbol was derived from Nazis roots, do they?!  Same font, too.  Damn idiots.

Darwin needs to stop collecting unemployment and get back to work - there are WAY too many dumbasses that he's been neglecting for a few years now.

robo, whats the odds of a FN SPR slipping in there. the grip is covered in the top right and right of flags knelling pistol grip like stock is large like FN.

Possibly. Although, US armed forces like to stick with American products. Especially the USMC.

As nice as the FN is, I don't think it was designed to withstand the trials of the sandbox. I also don't see any FN beating a tricked out Rem 700... Call it American pride  ;)

I'm wondering if any of the members can help to identify the weapons these guys are holding? The black rifle on the far right appears to be a Barrett, and some of those near by look like bolt guns, they all look to be snipers weapons but the pictures not that clear and my eyesights not that great.

I have no interest in debateing  the non PC issue from the article, I'm just curious about the hardware.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/09/us-marines-nazi-ss_n_1265930.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D134290

There is one Barret 50 in the pic. Appears to be 2 Barret AR30 in there; either 300 Winmag, or 338 Lapua. (More likely the Lapua.) There are a couple bolt rifles, they are currently using 300 WinMag in bolts mostly. There are several Mk 11 semiautos; basically the KAC Sr25 with an 18" barrel on it.

You know, it's a shame they got picked on for the logo. Rock bands use that font, a soccer team uses it, on and on. Yes, it is a bit on the 'Meant to intimidate' side. Then again...........14 rifles and men capable of sending you to the 'Happy hunting ground' from 1500 yards away or more is pretty darn intimidating in and of itself.

Far too much is put upon these soldiers for the slights they have. They get the weird, not fun jobs. They get a lot of stress, and are expected to be mean, tough, killers, security, and then on the other side, they are expected to never make a politically incorrect move.

Just kill people with a bit of style, and go back to base and stay locked in your box until we send you back out to shoot more people.

What the hell is THAT????! No one is perfect, and these soldiers are picked on rather relentlessly. Until they are needed; then people cry for them. And then.... they are scorned. What garbage.

(Sorry for the rant.)