• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you do for a living?

BLKSHEEP

Well I've been some things. But when I was young I was dead set on being a pilot. Had fighter pilot dreams and when I became teenager started flying sail planes. When I was 14 I allowed bad influences in my life and started partying, smoking dope and other worse things I was doing. I became a problem to myself. This is all honesty. So dreams out he door, I fckd up my education and a better future that could have been.

I worked in my fathers meat proccessing plant since a little boy until I fckd up, and a little after I fckd myself.

Worked in the semi conductor industry briefly, it was graveyard shift. Most everyone in my little department partied. We frequently did rails at work, if you know what I mean. That lasted maybe a year. Then I became a fire extinguisher service guy, hated it. Became volunteer fire fighter and thought I wanted to to that and become perm. Went to school for it. Didn't work out for me, no big surprise there. Started driving a cab. Made great cash money doing that, did the bar shifts, picked up many loaded chicks in those days & had a good time with them. I was married in those days, mind you. In '96 I got a job as a field service tech with a small company, we did these class 1 mini environments for the tools that wafer fabs utilize in their processes. we got aquifer by a large robototic arm manufacturer and I was with that company for 2 years before the dot com crash fckd everything and I got laid off. 5 months later I got a job at a start up that did custom automation for big name computer hard drive disk manufacturers, like Seagate #1 customer. Then we got aquired by a British company that does network storage hardware/software but we still did out automation. Since that job in '96 I had been traveling a lot. Been all I've USA, been to Japan, South Korea, Tiawan, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Tel Aviv, Dresden Germany and my favorite Singapore.

So like 4.5 years ago we got a job to supply automation to a company called Solyndra. Took us a good four years to put in lots of robotics in their buildings, including the brand new one they built in Fremont, Ca., where I live.

About last August we were wrapping it up. That is all I had been doing for four years, just Solyndra. The last one and a half of that was I the new building, awesome facility. But las August I knew when Solyndra was done I was pretty much done at Xyratex, things were not good with my employers outlook. I knew my days were numbered there. But it's cool because Solyndra wanted me, YAY!!! Started working for Solyndra August 1st 2011. Solyndra abruptly ceases op's August 31st 2011 and lays off 1100 persons.

After 4 months of being laid off My old Solyndra mgr. called me and asked if I'd like to come back for awhile and dismantle everythkn I installed. I said sure, the pay was good, I wanted to work sooooo...... 4.5 months later those buildings are gutted. I just got laid off today.

By the way if you only knew the corruption going on tue last 4 months at least, lots of theft going on during the dismatlin of that company, Nolyndra.....  :cookoo:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic