• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Installed IP camera in the home

washguy

Hi Guys  I finally got around to installing an Ip camera in the house. Ive been putting it off for months...so got me a dlink932 ip camera....its a flat 3x6 inch white camera made to actually be placed on a desk/table but i mounted it in a corner head high.

right now its hardwired to my router ,but its also wireless....this lil camera is the nutz for security! its got night vision  and motion detection...you can view whats going on from your smart phone or another pc and if you are gone and the motion sensor detects movement it turns on the camera emails you on the smart phone and starts taking time dated pictures uploaded to you.. its also got audio!...damn im going to get some more and go wireless with the other cameras....guys if you need some security but havnt done anything go for these lil cameras...also dont believe what folks say bout the ip cameras...i spent all weekend reading up,and no one seemed to have any luck setting them up...Nah ..easy peasy  :)  Wash

Hi Madhouse  the one thing bout the dlink software is it wont let ya view streaming video for more than one min at a time unless you have a dlink router...here are the models that let you view for more than a min

dir 300 dir 600 dir 615 dir 628 dir 632 dir 635 dir 655 dir 815 dir 825 dir 855  thats what "my d link' sez thats the software website    :) Wash

I was thinking bought when my truck was broken into this past summer. I was going to put a trail camera under the over hang of my house above the garage. But I opted to first go for the motion light (I've wanted one for awhile anyways). It stopped with that thank god but I may put one up there if it's begins again

No cameras here, but several loaded guns and a couple of loud dogs! <thumbsup>

Around here the dogs are called "a redneck security system". Almost all the drug dealers on the street have those. I love going out side and making noise to set them off. LOL yeah I am that bored. What else can I do? I am basicly trapped with the TV and tablet. Would le to have a game system or better yet go shooting.

Thanks for the info and the link! I didn't know it was that easy to set up a camera for security.

Hi Cman    Just got back from puter store with a wireless router so I can add more lil ip cameras.....

daaamn wht didnt I do this a long time ago? <laughs>

Wash