• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LAR - 47

Did any one catch this new rifle ?

I see they made the AK mags work & the article in " The book of AR 15 " said they reworked the firing pin for a better primer ignition. but the didn't say anything about changing the weakened bolt face , since I have heard a lot about them breaking .

post-154-136297276214_thumb.gif

I looked into them before going with the 300 myself. Although there's something undeniably cool about an AR with a banana mag (IMO), I think the 300BLK is an easier way to get the same ballistic performance, not to mention the commonality of parts with the AR 15, no bolt issues, shared mags, more bullet types available, etc etc. I think that if you intend to shoot only surplus ammo, have some AK's and/or access to good prices for the surplus ammo, it might make sense. Another option some of my friends have gone with is to build a 5.45 X 39 uppers to shoot lots of that surplus ammo, they tell me the corrosive is dirt cheap. since I went with the 300, if I were to contemplate another small platform cal, I think I'd probably try the 6.8, (or a .458 SOCOM).