• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

Hi Guys  Geez...somebody come over and unbutton my pants <laughs> ok so you sear 10 mins each side at 500 degrees then turn down smoker/grill to 190 degrees and wait for 132 degree internal meat temp...take off wrap in foil for 2o mins....whole process is bout 1 hour 20 mins....then you gotta have desert....why my!.....its a cherry cheese pie! <lmao>

Wash

IMG_0362.jpg

[img width=810 height=607]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/washguy/IMG_0364.jpg

[img width=810 height=607]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/washguy/IMG_0274.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made stuffed mushrooms and cheese stuffed burgers tonight.

8oz cream cheese, 2 pressed garlic cloves, tbls veg oil, teaspoon crushed cyhane pepper, teaspoon ground pepper 1/4 cup graded parmesan cheese and two slices of bacon cooked and chopped. Mix all together in a bowl, and use a spoon to put a quarter sized ball into the cap of each mushroom. Makes 10-15

Then for the burgers I took 1# ground beef flattened it out in a bowl poured in about a cup of kraft cheese crumbles and a tablespoon or two of mc cormic burger seasoning mixed all together and grilled to my liking, tip the cheese drips and starts fire easy so I cook in the center of the grill and only use the two outside burners

Went over to my son's last night for a cookout. He had just taken som hotdogs off the grill and when I saw them I thought WTF? they looked like some raggedy ass dogs! My wife then informed me that he had wrapped them in bacon! What can I say, it was gettin kinda dark out! Pretty good dogs though.

Aztec candies:Get some banana peppers slice them lenght wise.Heat is the luck of the draw,we remove the seeds and the ribs [use gloves dont' touch your eyes or you peepee] and fill with chihuahua cheese.Put on foil and grill indirectly on gas or coal till soft.Then heat flour torts on the grill and enjoy.

I've peppered myself a few time, not f'n cool. 2 years ago I touched the inside of my nose after washing my hands like 5 times after cutting up peppers I grew in my garden. Still made me cry like alittle girl, best thing I've found is wash with baking soda and tooth paste

We also made jalepeno poppers last year, can't remember what all went into the filling but I think it was:

Cream cheese, shreded cheese, sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, put all into food processer. Slice down one side of pepper and remove seeds put cream cheese mixture into cavity of pepper, wrap in bacon sewer with tooth picks and either freeze or cook right away till bacon crisps.

Aztec candies:Get some banana peppers slice them lenght wise.Heat is the luck of the draw,we remove the seeds and the ribs [use gloves dont' touch your eyes or you peepee] and fill with chihuahua cheese.Put on foil and grill indirectly on gas or coal till soft.Then heat flour torts on the grill and enjoy.

I eat and prepare so much hot stuff, that if pepper juice makes it into my eyes/nose/onto peepee, I'm lucky if my eyelid twitches.

My favorite right now is the Asian concoction that consists entirely of crushed chiles and garlic...seeds and all.  Wifey got a BIG jar of it, gone, got another, gone, got two, gone.  "Where is that big jar of that stuff I bought?"

"I ate it."

"How long did it take you?"

"About 8 or 9 days."

So what does she do?  She starts looking for the jar I just told her is gone.

Almost have her broke in (after 9 years) that no matter HOW many jars of salsa, hot sauce, peppers, and of what type are sitting in the pantry/fridge, we need more when you go shopping...just grab SOMETHING (but not that poser nasty Buffalo brand again).

What were we talking about?

:threadjack:

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

And you live where? <munch>

Why Big D ya'll  <laughs>  so if you are gonna have brisket...you gotta have cherry cheese pie...it has to be made tonite so it can setup for Sunday....I asked Char for the recipe..so I could post it...but she said "no way Jose"  <laughs>  Wash

Untitled-2.jpg

Hi Guys    meats been on for 11 hours...internal temp is 160 time to wrap it up in foil...add some apple juice and westershire and raise smoker temp to 225 and remove brisket when its internal temp gets to 200....then keep it wrapped in foil and towels in a beer cooler till dinner time!  Wash

Untitled-3.jpg

Guys it doesnt get any better than this we cooked pellet dogs last nite....so here goes... I used the smoker....build up temp to 350degrees  (punch in digital temp <lmao>)  get your dogs and the pillsberry crescent dough ready  put you fav rub on dough wrap up dogs stick on smoker for 20/30 mins until golden brown....betcha ya cant just eat 4 of em  <lmao>Wash

1-4.jpg

1-1.jpg

1-3.jpg

1.jpg

We have a couple of racks of baby backs for smoking on Saturday....sooo pull off the silver skin on the bone side...slather with  yellow mustard....rub your fav rub on ...we like cabellas sweet rib rub,and a lil KC rib rub...then rub that in with an extra dose of brown sugar and put it to bed in the fridge  <thumbsup>Wash      Rene...maybe Char will bake her lazy daisy cake?

IMG_0398.jpg

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic