• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

1 hour ago, EasyEJL said:

and I've got a foot long 4" square piece of aluminum tubing/pipe here, spare aquarium air pumps, ready to do it. just need to make end caps and attach the pipe T for the smoke to come out, and run hose to the grill

Actually ran mine last night to do cheese last night with out the bottom cap and it ran so much better, I might try putting bigger/more holes in that cap to get more air. 

Edited by shepp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

What's all that green crap?  Was that stuff stuck on the fish?

to be clear...I'm joking about the veggies, not the seasoning

looks good. just threw some more fillet of cow on the grill. 

Edited by DNP

54 minutes ago, DNP said:

What's all that green crap?  Was that stuff stuck on the fish?

to be clear...I'm joking about the veggies, not the seasoning

looks good. just threw some more fillet of cow on the grill. 

Got my fat ass on a diet, and after a week of vaca I could use the fiber lol

I finally picked up more of the parts for the cold smoke injector. Not quite everything, but most of it. Still need a bit of working on it and I need to fabricate the completion of the top and some legs. I could actually use it the first time without the legs.

Funny as it is, the main thing I need is the screen for the bottom, I don't want to have to buy a huge piece to get a 6"x6" section (considering folding 1" up on each side

6 minutes ago, washguy said:

Shepp...so how was the butt that you took?    come on Easy you can do it !  screens...thats what neighbors are for...lol       Wash

Really good, bark wasn't crunchy but super good. I vac sealed  it 2# per bag, to warm it I simmered a pot of water and placed the bags in the water till warm it worked really good.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've mentioned my folks like to buy a steer every year?  Well the 4-H/FFA auction is coming. Time to clean out the freezer. I loaded up tonight and barely made a dent.  Looking forward to some beef. It a shame it's all been flash frozen, but it hung a prime carcass. 

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, DNP said:

So, I've mentioned my folks like to buy a steer every year?  Well the 4-H/FFA auction is coming. Time to clean out the freezer. I loaded up tonight and barely made a dent.  Looking forward to some beef. It a shame it's all been flash frozen, but it hung a prime carcass. 

image.jpeg

Hey at least it's vac sealed and not wrapped it'll last 10x longer that way

I've only used Apple, everything I've read has said Apple, maybe cherry. Biggest thing is keeping it under 90, with the smoke daddy that's not to hard. Last night it was 45* oat think I hit 55 in the box. I like to do it at night/ evening because you don't have to deal with the sun warming poop up. 

I get my smoke going, cut blocks into smaller blocks 2x2 or 4x4.  put the cheese in let it go for an hour, flip, let go another hour. Remove it from the smoker wipe the oils off it and wrap it in a paper towel or parchment paper. Put it in a Tupperware and let it mellow for a few days, then if I'm not going to eat it right away or I like giving it to a few of my friends with kids, I vacuum seal it. I did a little experiment with some I vac sealed last spring, I left it in the fridge till this winter (say 8-9 months) opened it up it was fine no mold nothing rated good, not like right after I do it but still good. 

I like to do cheddar, pepper jack and string. I've done Swiss, blue, gorgonzola, Munster, havarti and a few others. Only one that I won't do again is Swiss, I've done it 2-3 times now and I don't like it, turns out bitter, and that's baby Swiss.

also if you do string cheese (if your boy likes it you should) buy it in a block not the individual ones get it like this:

Well I was going to post a pic but it won't upload

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic