• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets see some rifles

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took everything out shooting today. WOW!!!!!! My new muzzle brake makes a HUGE difference. Between my heavy buffer and the brake it feels more like a .223. HIGHLY suggest the shark brake to anyone BUT there is a BIG draw back the sound and soot get blown back at you. You will need good hearing protection! http://www.amazon.com/Shark-Muzzle-Device-Crush-Washer/dp/B005EJHSMU/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

post-1410-136297279122_thumb.jpg

Here was (traded it to a buddy at Team 3) my Armalite AR10. I had bought the Eagle Arms lower first, then the 18" Krieger barrelled upper next. Unfortunately I didn't know the barrel was originally longer, and the guy never adjusted the gas port accordingly. I had David Sams (former gunsmith for the Army Marksmanship Unit) tune it for me and it worked beautifully for me after.

The Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 was originally for a .300WinMag, but I had no place else to put her. Surefire muzzle brake, KAC BUIS, Matt Burkett offset Docter mount, AR Gold trigger, PRI 15" fore end, Harris bipod, UBR stock, and I forget the mfg for the grip.

I hope to replace her soon. 

post-2294-136297280526_thumb.jpg

post-2294-136297280529_thumb.jpg

I'm just bustin' your balls bro.

For NSW, it's in the following order:

MK11/SR25 = KAC .308 AR (M110 for the other services)

MK12 = 5.56 AR

MK13 = .300 Win Mag 700 Remington

MK14 = Sage EBR Mod1 (M14)

MK15 = McBro's Tac50 .50 cal bolt action

MK20 = SCAR SSR (Utter garbage)

The MK13 is a new one for me. Always nice to learn something new. I am very familiar with the MK14. In fact I built on for a buddy. Here it is.

http://308ar.com/forum/index.php?topic=3777.msg32687#msg32687

Nice. The Mod 0. For some stupid reason though, even on the bottom setting I could never mash my cheek down low enough to get on the irons. I was glad they went to the M4 style (CTR actually) stock on the Mod 1's.

I'm helping a buddy put one together here as well. I'll post pics when complete.

Will do. Much appreciated brother.

The problem we are running into now is that the barrel is a heavy contour (over an 1" thick in diameter) under the handguard, and I got a medium Sage chassis.

The AMU gunsmith said he'd remove and swap the barrel with a medium contour 18" barrel and check headspacing, but NOBODY has the tools and gauges here. Except maybe up in Bagram. Looks like we'll have to shell out if we want to get it done.

Thanks again bro.