• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets see some rifles

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like long distance shooting. Not really a group fiend so I don't take too many hole pics...not that kind of hole anyway. I didn't see a ladysniff thread on here so I won't post those.  

The scar ate a razor hd and a leupold mark 4.  After my experience with the lar8 and the scar I just started to build my own.

Still have the leupold and I sold the razor after I got it back from vortex.  Both companies have really good customer service.  Leupold fixed the same scope twice. Scar 17 ate it 2 times so I switched to the razor.... when the razor wouldn't hold a zero anymore I realized it was the gun eating the scopes.

10 hours ago, MrPaul said:

Sketch is right.The optic was tight.  It was a Nightforce nsx with a jp mount. I know it wasn't a an issue with the scope because I use it to shoot 4" clays at 600 yds with a 223 and it's pretty hard to mess up mounting a scope with a jp scope mount. I thought it might be the shooter so I had 2 friends shoot it on a sled. One a better shooter than I am.  He was a coast guard sharp shooter and they both got the same results I did.  That was using both federal gold metal match 168 and 175.  We came to the conclusion that this gun is just a dog.  The match grade ammo showed absolutely 0 improvement over $9.99 a box Winchester 147 gr plinking ammo. The gun had a sticker on it that said not to use magtech ammo so we stayed away from it. 

Almost 9 pound trigger pull with the standard rra trigger but the geissele didn't help it either. Not sure I want to spend any more on this gun. I understand it is not a precision rifle but this one is just plain sad.

Last resort, contact RRA and see if they can do something for you. They guarantee 1MOA accuracy with their rifles  when new. If you are not the original owner, ask them if you can send it back to be gone over, Sketch is right.

Edited by Sisco