• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

gots a new scope delivered

NoFail

wait until you see the difference quality glass makes, even at the same magnification. very sweet scope  8)  <thumbsup>

Well I don't know, edge, I don't have a comparator and never looked thru anything like a high power NF or S&B or whatever. I know this one can't be anywhere close to those. This is all new to me though.

I bore sighted it and while doing that I thought it's pretty nice for me. Seems bright, clear enough for me, I love the reticule. But I don't know how to review a scope.

From deep in my garage I was bore sighting to down the street, to a telephone pole with reflector on it that I used. I know it's 105 yards away from where I was in garage. When done I just scanned the area, lots of colorful plants with flowers in the yards. Clear as a bell & bright on down the street which runs into my driveway. Then there is a hill overlooking, up on top a tree @ I estimate at 1500 yards or more. There was some mirage because it was still warm out. I put the parallax on max and it cleared up a little bit & focus got way better. But yeah real clear for what I got if for, short to medium ranges. I give it a  <thumbsup>

Very nice NoFail, <thumbsup> Now lets see some groups with that nice looking rig.

Me thinks on Monday I'll pop that cherry.

I forgot to see how is it in low light? Well the sun still up here on the Left coast but I'm a gonna have a look see a little later from now. Report back later  <munch>

Me thinks on Monday I'll pop that cherry.

I forgot to see how is it in low light? Well the sun still up here on the Left coast but I'm a gonna have a look see a little later from now. Report back later  <munch>

Looks like Wednesday for me I went to the gun show today picked up a couple of cheap CCW holsters one for me and one for the wife along with a lee double disk kit so I don't have to weight powder charges by hand if I want.

Managed to get a few pics. They are from my iPhone 4 (not 4s). Pictures DO NOT represent at all, but best I could do. Really looks way better in every way than these pics do. Took these at about 8:20 pm. I used a tree beyond my backyard, I estimate range to tree is about 300 yards. Sun is off to the right about ready to go into hiding, scope was almost useless about 15 or so minutes after this.

post-1757-136297278616_thumb.jpg

post-1757-136297278619_thumb.jpg

Looks like Wednesday for me I went to the gun show today picked up a couple of cheap CCW holsters one for me and one for the wife along with a lee double disk kit so I don't have to weight powder charges by hand if I want.

Lee Double Disc kit, must go Midway or Brownell's and see what this is, I never heard of it...

Watch I'll probably go there and buy something, anything  <lmao> <laughs> <munch>

Quite a view!  On my phone it looks like the center of the sight picture in the scope is a greater magnification, than in the rest of the scope.  Yes?

A Lee Double Disk kit allows a reloader to use an Auto Powder Measure with rifle loads.  If you look at Lee's load manual, most rifle loads under the "Disk no." heading say DBL, which means to use this kit.

Jon

Thanks Planeflyer, doubt I could of explained it any better.

I like that redical NoFail, they look pretty fine for reaching out there are they in mils. or moa?

Thanks guys

mil/mil, I love the reticule too. I took a dime size orange sticker and stuck it on the tele pole 100 yards up the street.  I could see dot no problem and the hairs did not cover it. I'm going to like this  <thumbsup>

Thanks guys

I took a dime size orange sticker and stuck it on the tele pole 100 yards up the street.  I could see dot no problem and the hairs did not cover it. I'm going to like this  <thumbsup>

Until the neighbors catch you and call the cops! <lmao>

Actually, I bore sight mine on the newspaper office across the street. I'm still waiting on that visit from the popo. Only thing that I can think why it hasn't happened yet is the editor is a friend of mine and I supply him with all the varsity wrestling pics for the sports section during the season! <dontknow>

Until the neighbors catch you and call the cops! <lmao>

Actually, I bore sight mine on the newspaper office across the street. I'm still waiting on that visit from the

popo. Only thing that I can think why it hasn't happened yet is the editor is a friend of mine and I supply him with all the varsity wrestling pics for the sports section during the season! <dontknow>

Heh!! I was wondering if I was going to hear from someone here about that  <laughs>

My garage is 60 feet deep, I was doing it at 40 ft deep no lights turned on inside, although it was bright sun outside you would have to really be looking with interest to even notice I was in there. Believe me, I considered it  ;)

Heh!! I was wondering if I was going to hear from someone here about that  <laughs>

My garage is 60 feet deep, I was doing it at 40 ft deep no lights turned on inside, although it was bright sun outside you would have to really be looking with interest to even notice I was in there. Believe me, I considered it  ;)

I sit at the dinning room table and aim at a white spot on some electrical conduit on a pizza restaurant thats about 100 to 120 yards away. I'm about 20 to 25 feet back from the window.  So far the SWAT team hasn't deployed there counter sniper yet and that bird poo is great for dry fire practice. <lmao>

So far the SWAT team hasn't deployed there counter sniper yet and that bird poo is great for dry fire practice. <lmao>

Yeah I need to do that dry fire thing, it would help a lot. Went to range and scope makes a huge difference. I'm glad I broke down and got it. I can see the holes from 100 easily now so I don't even really need to take the walk during cease fire. I'm going to try 1/2" dots to shoot at now, I was using 2". Glass is good enough for this, I wish my eyes were younger though.