• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rifle done! well almost...

blwn99x

ok she is all assembled, just missing the muzzle device, which will be this week i hope. I have one issue, the charging handle is super stuck and tight when pulling it out of the locked position, once i break it loose she moves freely, but when i let the bolt carrier snap shut, as i would on a round, she is tight and all locked up again. what could remedy this? Also the charging handle is a BCM gunfighter. I will post pics tomorrow of "Thumper"

You only just saved your own hide on that one. Speaking of hides, isn't "Thumper" the name of a soft fuzzy little cute rabbit in a Disney film?  <laughs> <lmao> :hornet:

I remember a couple of girls from Marysville ,WA who were named Bambi and Thumper !

Waiting for the pics.

Bambi and Thmper are down here in Florida at the local strip club... Also anyone have an idea about the charging handle issue i have, we seemed t have lost focus,haha

My build is not complete, but I have noticed with the BCG in the upper like it would have a round chambered in the barrel it's real stiff coming out. I think my issue might be the gas rings on the bolt in the BCG, I hope it's just a tight fit that needs to be fired to loosen up. With my 5.56 gun (and every M4/M16 i've messed with) the bolt slides free in the BCG, but with my .308 bolt, I have to grab it and pull it out of the BCG.

Sorry I'm not much more help. I hope someone knows since I kinda have the same issue. Does your bolt slide in your BCG free? With the BCG out of the upper can you hold the end of the BCG with the bolt pushed into the BCG and not in your hand can you flick your wrist and have the bolt come out?

Like Hemi and Edge said the gun needs to be shot ! I need to add in 2 of 5 of my large frame guns the charging handle remove metal on the top of the charging handle and on the underside of the U.R. in the groove. Also the rings on the Bolt are a tighter tolorance in the 308 than in the 556, they need to be "Seated" like in a car engine, that is why the "wet lube" condition is always suggested during break in.

So run it wet, shoot it, clean it, shoot it again. Get 60 to a 100 rounds through it before you start diagnosting any problems. The gun will wear some metal away. Just do a very good cleaning the first time !

thank you sir, i think i am gonna change the rail on the 556 to a 12" daniel lite, also i spoke with larue today and still no idea on the surefire 762 brake. i have, however, found one at a shop in Tennessee and will be ordering it tomorrow as i spoke with the owner on a message board tonight