• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New gunshow rules in my state

Crazy brother,just went to the gun show by me.Nothings changed here when you enter you are asked if you have a firearm [it should have been unloaded before you entered] and they put a tie wrap though it and your on your way.First time upon leaving I asked them to remove tie and they said they put them on,but don't take them off[so I chewed it off] after that I had a knife to cut it off.

Whats a Gun show have to do with a Super market shooting ?

The media ran this the story over and over, it had something to do with a soldier getting stuff from a gunshow and modifying a rifle to look like an Ak47, he went into a local supermarket late at night where he worked for about 2 weeks and shot a young girl and a young guy to death, then killed himself...New Jersey likes to take a tragedy and try to spin it into a new gun law whenever they can...

The media ran this the story over and over, it had something to do with a soldier getting stuff from a gunshow and modifying a rifle to look like an Ak47, he went into a local supermarket late at night where he worked for about 2 weeks and shot a young girl and a young guy to death, then killed himself...New Jersey likes to take a tragedy and try to spin it into a new gun law whenever they can...

Ahh, I see now , its the Gun shows fault  !

Had it not been for that gun, whispering evil into that psychopath's ear, none of that would've happened.

On a seperate note, I went to a gun show in Norfolk, and while waiting in line, was by the table where two uniforms were verifying safe and clear before zip tying the weapons coming in. I saw a styrofoam coffee cup filled with various bullets and asked, "What are those for?" The cop said, "These are the bullets from all the 'unloaded' guns".

Some people really don't deserve to have guns, but who am I to pick and choose.

Link to news story, please.

Brother Tom what can be done for those suffering from the effects of PTSD? Not that this might be the cause I would just like your thoughts on the subject.And what do you think could be done to stem the high suicide rate among our brothers and sisters in our armed forces?

I don't know if you mean me (Tom), or another Tom on here, I am 100% disabled from PTSD, so i know a little about it...I found that it has no rhyme or reason, one day i was happy and carefree, and the next i was miserable, but i found out with therapy (2x a month) and people with simular problems and a great therapist, and an understanding family, i'm back to my ole self again...My therapist said its like a switch that just comes on, and it usually goes off, but when you've seen too much action and in my case i had retired and i was too relaxed wih very few worries and it reared its ugly head, and took quite a few years to get control of it...There is no cure you just have to keep it in check, i have refused to take any meds, because i have seen first hand the zombies that the meds produce, hope this helps somewhat... Tom

Brother Tom what can be done for those suffering from the effects of PTSD? Not that this might be the cause I would just like your thoughts on the subject.And what do you think could be done to stem the high suicide rate among our brothers and sisters in our armed forces?

I suffer from PTSD - but in a way that most others don't.  The source of mine of from combat effectiveness.  Mine comes from training, training, training, and more training...  for war.  I always strove to train my people as hard as I possibly could, accept no excuses, accept no failures, and push my people until they break.  That's not by accident.  I made my people 10-feet tall, two coats of hair, three rows of teeth, and bullet-proof.  I made mean motherfuckers.  I turned pussies into Giants.

My poop comes from the people that you never should have been sent in the first place, that can never, ever do the job that you'll ask of them, that had no business being in the profession that you have chosen - and Big Army sent them to you anyway.  You have to deal with these shitbags, these liabilities in all stress-assignments, and they just need to leave  - and you're stuck with them.

I hadone new guy that was sent to me about 4 months before a no-notice deployment.  Worked and worked and worked with him, and finally told higher-ups that he needed to go.  On a Friday.  Got dropped for a deployment at 1430 that day, with guys on the shooting range, and we were leaving that night at 2330.  Not TWO days later, climbing up a fucking hill in AFG, this shitbag says "I wish I never would have taken this assignment..." 

TOO LATE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!  YOU'RE HERE NOW!!!

I kept him safe through those 10 days, and got his ass on a helicopter back to Baghram, and back to the States.  Adios, motherfucker, have your locker cleared by the time I get back or I'll choke your ass right out.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  Go find something soft for you.

People like that, that jeopardized the people that wanted to work and be there, and give everything for each other - the shitbags are the source of my problems.  I think about those shitbags every single night, and the possible harm they harbored to everyone else.  Fucking hindrance to the mission, and needed to go. I couldn't get them to "go" fast enough.  <dontknow>

Brother you are a survivor and motivated and taught your men to survive no small feat.And I am sure that while they motherfucked you for pushing them to the edge the people loved and respected you for giving them the tools that would allow them and thier brothers to come back home,while inflicting as much damage as possible on the enemy with minimal loss/injury to team members.Again no small feat.And while I hated my father for the way he treated the family and myself,his time in the Army and treating me like a boot when I was kneehigh to a pop bottle he taught me how to survive and read people.Shitbirds are in all walks of life in the trade I distance myself as soon as I find them out,and as you know they are easy to spot.I feel you did an outstanding job but then you know that.Glad you made it back home,glad I had/have the opportunity to meet you.Now how can we stop these brothers and sisters from destroying themselves? <dontknow>

I had a few fuckers that hated me when I left, but alot more that didn't want me to go.  My going awaay gift was a Kimber .45, BP TEN II, engraved with my poop on it.

When I left, I had 17.5 years in.  The two Warrant Officers that I worked with told me that was my retirement present, even though I wasn't retiring.  The knew my next assignment...  and they just knew.  Those two fuckers were right, because when I retired at 21.5 years, no one gave a poop, where I was when I retired...  Those guys were right on the money.  <thumbsup>

100_0528_zpsb6bf1889.jpg

100_0530_zps08ff9476.jpg

Never doubt the perceptive abilities of a Warrant Officer - even if you think you know more than them.  They know what's up, and will prove you wrong every time...  <thumbsup>  <dontknow>  Fuckers are smart.  ;D

I suffer from PTSD - but in a way that most others don't.  The source of mine of from combat effectiveness.  Mine comes from training, training, training, and more training...  for war.  I always strove to train my people as hard as I possibly could, accept no excuses, accept no failures, and push my people until they break.  That's not by accident.  I made my people 10-feet tall, two coats of hair, three rows of teeth, and bullet-proof.  I made mean motherfuckers.  I turned pussies into Giants.

My poop comes from the people that you never should have been sent in the first place, that can never, ever do the job that you'll ask of them, that had no business being in the profession that you have chosen - and Big Army sent them to you anyway.  You have to deal with these shitbags, these liabilities in all stress-assignments, and they just need to leave  - and you're stuck with them.

I hadone new guy that was sent to me about 4 months before a no-notice deployment.  Worked and worked and worked with him, and finally told higher-ups that he needed to go.  On a Friday.  Got dropped for a deployment at 1430 that day, with guys on the shooting range, and we were leaving that night at 2330.  Not TWO days later, climbing up a fucking hill in AFG, this shitbag says "I wish I never would have taken this assignment..." 

TOO LATE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!  YOU'RE HERE NOW!!!

I kept him safe through those 10 days, and got his ass on a helicopter back to Baghram, and back to the States.  Adios, motherfucker, have your locker cleared by the time I get back or I'll choke your ass right out.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  Go find something soft for you.

People like that, that jeopardized the people that wanted to work and be there, and give everything for each other - the shitbags are the source of my problems.  I think about those shitbags every single night, and the possible harm they harbored to everyone else.  Fucking hindrance to the mission, and needed to go. I couldn't get them to "go" fast enough.  <dontknow>

There is so much truth in this 98Z5V, i've been on both side of the leaders, i've had leaders that made me feel so invincible that i would have followed him to hell, and others that i'd be afraid to cross a street with...When i went on a mission i always had these thoughts about not coming back and how pissed i would be if it was one of the center of uranus leaders that didn't do everything he should have to secure the safety of his men...And on the other side of the coin is there were times when i didn't think i was going to make it, but i knew he did everything possible and was ready to die for him...You really have to be in combat to understand that last line... 

Tom, I had an officer very much like the guy you described. He had absolutely no business wearing a badge, but getting rid of someone like that is almost impossible in law enforcement. I had finally had enough one night and pulled him to the side to have a chat. I told that chickenshit that he had no business being a cop and if he got another cop hurt because of his poop I was personally going to beat his ass so bad that he would be in the hospital for a month if he survived! That worthless POS quit 2 weeks later after being a thorn in my side for 7 years!

Tom, I had an officer very much like the guy you described. He had absolutely no business wearing a badge, but getting rid of someone like that is almost impossible in law enforcement. I had finally had enough one night and pulled him to the side to have a chat. I told that chickenshit that he had no business being a cop and if he got another cop hurt because of his poop I was personally going to beat his ass so bad that he would be in the hospital for a month if he survived! That worthless POS quit 2 weeks later after being a thorn in my side for 7 years!

Way to go brother... <thumbsup>