• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Who's into Airsoft

imschur

We use airsoft to conduct force-on-force scenarios, varying from students starting with the weapon in their hand to attacks starting within arms reach.

We see them as a valuable tool that the masses can afford to use, opposed to the simunitions/alternatives.

Last time I did it I ended up bleeding, so there is some realism.  :o

Jon

I think airsoft definitely has a place in training. I'll be teaching my boy fundamentals with a pistol and rifle with airsoft first. That way if he inadvertantly sweeps/muzzles anyone or has his finger on the trigger, it'll be less of a threat before I get on his case about it.

I wish we had airsoft when I was growing up. All we had was "guns" that really didn't provide an accountability for shots whatsoever.

Damn, those were the days. Cops weren't called because a bunch of kids were running around the neighborhood with toy guns. I'm forbidding my kid from doing it lest he gets shot by some trigger happy maniac.

Hi Sdd  "Damn, those were the days. "    thats for sure!

in 7th grade all the boys had .22cal blank guns/starter pistols

which we got from the magic shop downtown. almost every day on the playground after lunch we would choose bad guys and cops and have gun fights with the blank guns! the teachers never said a word! Can you imagaine that happening now days??  And yes I almost lost the tip of my finger with that blank gun <laughs> it took about three days until I just had to find out how that blank thing worked and how to open it up? <lmao>......so took that blank thingy and put it in a pair of pliers and squeezed it to try to open it up and see what made it work....yes it worked when it went off in the pliers and my finger right there <lmao>....my finger was bleeding and burnt <lmao> then my butt got burnt by the azz whoopin from my Dad <laughs>

Yep....those were the days! <laughs>  Wash

BB gun wars wow brings back the old days. You are right someone was looking out for us. Things I was allowed to do when I was young I look at my 9 month old son and say to him don't worry you aren't doing that. I hope that dosent make him a big old puss but times were different back then.

I have been woundering what the deal is with airsoft also. I have seen some rifle setups as much as a $1000.

Don't even get me started on BB gun wars. No eyepro either? God was definitely protecting us from ourselves.

I'd light my kid up if I saw him doing that now.

LOL! I ran into an old high school buddy a few years ago and he had kids in high school at the time. I asked him if he had told his boys about some of the stuff we used to do in high school (a lot of it was street racing and muscle cars) and he said "Hell no, and I'm not going to either!"