• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Let there be Pork!!!!

Magwa

If you can get it on TV you have to watch "Pigman the series" episode called "Let there be Pork " it features Ted Nugent , a helicopter and 2,3 ar10 type rifles and a machine gun, and a couple od simi auto shotguns Oh and about 240 dead pigs...... I have a new entry on ,my bucket list!

If you can get it on TV you have to watch "Pigman the series" episode called "Let there be Pork " it features Ted Nugent , a helicopter and 2,3 ar10 type rifles and a machine gun, and a couple od simi auto shotguns Oh and about 240 dead pigs...... I have a new entry on ,my bucket list!

my buddy looked into it, about 2 grand.

On the show they had ground spotters with gps who took 4 wheelers and picked up hogs and donated them to the local food bank what a great way to get rid of hogs..... I remember back in the late 50's and 60's airplanes were used to hunt wolves now they got them suckers here again and they use helocopters  fun stuff

Somewhere in central south Texas there is a service that does night hunting of pigs.  Basically,  show up with your reservation and a Texas Hunting License.  Everything else is provided.  Especially the guns.  Leave yours at home.

The guns,  if I remember correctly,  are 308 AR's.  Sights are full-scale night vision stuff.  All on the ground;  no limits on pigs.

It seems like wild porkers have spread and been spread everywhere.  After a real SHTF,  if there ever really is one,  wild porkers may be a prime sustenance all across North America for survivors.

Coyotes and eventually wolves will be the major threat to surviving humans,  maybe eventually the major threat to people even without a SHTF.  Human children and oldsters are a major delicacy to such predators,  if the opportunity arises.  And if other food gets scarce.  Cases of coyote attacks are not mentioned much in the press.  Coyote-dog crosses are not very common but are very dangerous.

Try reading "Predator Xtreme" magazine.  Year-round hunting for those interested.  Wild porkers and coyotes mostly;  makes me wonder how long before it is dangerous to go outdoors  (like leave the house and go to your car in the driveway?)  because of the threat from wild porkers and coyotes  (and in some places,  wolves)  in the neighborhood.  I am resident in the middle of a suburb in the middle of a major mid-western city.  Guns are frowned upon and discharge of a weapon is a major violation of law.  (Found a comment by another of our brethern who mentioned how common gunshots at night were in an eastern seaboard city in a state that is very unfriendly toward any kind of weapon,  let alone guns,  unimaginable.  In my officially gun-friendly part of the world a gun-shot will have the area swarming with police almost instantly until the perp is found and taken into custody.)  There are resident raccoons,  Opossums, coyotes,  other wild creatures,  everywhere here within the human occupied terrain.  Wild pigs are present in some of the fringe areas and are already a problem.  Skunks have been significantly reduced in numbers and presence by 'Animal Control' police units and live traps.  Put the trash out for collection after sunrise and be sure to add a tablespoon of ammonia on top of the trash.

Cedar Posts quotes his friend Percy Craven (Cedar Posts And Barbed Wire Fences,  blog,  scroll down or find "Hunting With Percy Craven") as saying the only thing that tastes worse than squirrel is Opossum.  I have no idea.  Anyone?

Also,  I was inadvisably running my mouth in public not too long ago about hunting coyotes.  A sweet little girl who did not look any different from most other average Americans turned to me and her mouth was watering about maybe eating coyotes?  She had eaten dog routinely as a child wherever she came from;  coyote sounded delicious.  Recipes?

Is it me or does that seem like it'd be pretty hard to do? I mean he was dumping them pretty good.

Kinda reminded me of full metal jacket, if only he yelled get sum everytime he dropped one

Aerial gunnery from a helicopter is not easy.  It's been a long, long time since I've totally failed at that  (  :o  ), in practical application, but rotor wash has a serious affect on your round placement and sighting, depending on which side of the helicopter you're firing from.  The gunner in the vid I posted was always firing from the left side in that bird, and he's adapted to that, as far as rotor wash goes - he's adapted quite well.  He'd miss everything in a different chopper (with different wash), or firing from the other side, unless he's done a whole lot of that.  <thumbsup>

Example of extreme rotor wash - MH-53, hovering at 60 feet AGL. Rotor wash on the ground is 100mph.  Fast Rope off the back of that thing, and you know...  <lmao>  F U C K that aircraft, for Fast Rope purposes. 

Those things are nothing but straight NASTY.

That's alot of rotors, and power, beating the air into submission...  :o

Yes but as PO1 Mower used to say "That makes my fuckin' dick hard!"

<lmao>  <thumbsup>

One of those behemoths crashing on deck would cause WAY more havoc than a jet slamming into the fantail.

Used to work with a retired NYPD.  In NYC they have (had) all the helicopter taxis from the building tops to the airports.  He was telling me about a big ol' honkin' Sikorsky that was hit with a good gust, over corrected, and chopped up like 20 people on the roof waiting for it to land.  He said they were getting calls for weeks to come get fingers, teeth, pieces of scalp, over like a 4-square block radius.

Jon