• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Love The Shotgunners!!

planeflyer21

Trap with wings AND they eat them!  Shooters get charged like $15 a bird or more.

This dude I worked with used to trap flying rats around the city, then keep them at home until he had like 3,000 or more.  He'd then take them to a live-shoot club in California and get $2-$3 a bird.

Jon

Couldnt see the video...but if it was a live pigeon shoot...well lets say ive "been there"  Peta got us back in the late 90's at the Dallas Gun Club. there are 5 underground springloaded trampolines with doors, the live birds are put in there and the shooter stands on bout the 27 yd line ....theres a large circular fence bout 2 ft high....the birds are launched via a computer type controller...no one knows which door flies open...only one bird at a time...you get two shots to kill the bird...its gotta stay inside the fence

one shooter shoots at all five per each round....forgot how many rounds..im thinkin 25 birds...but its all about the betting and the pots....like really large pots...the Pan Am live bird shoot at the DGC was awesome to watch but too rich for me <laughs>

so after that got shut down there was a club out in the country that had them...but they also had hand tossed bird shoots along with the regular traps. the hand tossed fence was circular and many times larger in radius. this club would bring in a professional bird thrower from England...no joke <laughs> he would pull a feather or two out of the bird's wing.. so the bird took off at crazy angles.it was an art  <lmao>  he would hold the bird at his belly...you would walk behind him with your gun pointed up...all of a sudden he would do a drop down do a forward roll and toss the bird...it was even harder than the live trap shooting....or so I was told <lmao>  those were the days! <laughs>

Ill never forget at one shoot in the country place.... a teenage son of one of the shooters had gone over to the pile of dead birds and took off a head of a bird...then he plucked it...so it was bald and then he made a finger puppet with it..and was talking with it <laughs>

I walked past him did a double take...then I told him shootin pigeons is one thing....but God is gonna get ya for that <lmao>  Wash