• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Went drag racing last night

Madhouse

It was a company-sponsored event at San Antonio Raceway in Seguin, TX.  We had ten drivers, raced bracket style, employees sold raffle tickets for donated prizes and we raised $7,240 for St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

I won my first three elimination rounds to make my way to the final, then the other guy schooled me at the tree.  So, I ended up with second place.  Nt bad since I hadn't raced in about five years.

Here is a test-n-tune run, I'm in the gray Lightning truck.

post-12-136297286295_thumb.jpg

I do hate to get schooled at the tree!  What's worse is the final race was with a Dodge Daytona truck, so I had to wait to take off.  I hate being the faster car in brackets, I'd rather be chased than do the chasing.

I should have loaded the back of the truck!  I was on Hoosier drag slicks and was spinning like a demon at the line, even after burning them down in the box.

It is indeed a Lightning.  It's my second one, I had a 2000 model that I raced a bunch, it was faster than this 2003 I have now.  I'm pushing 14psi in this current truck.

Brother Larry I can help you with the Cuda,I only got to speeds fast and faster. ;)

I don't really need any help, I'm pretty good at getting pulled over by the cops all on my own! :o Fortunately it's always been someone I know so far, but that's changing. Half the force has changed since I retired!  :(

• 3 weeks later...

Final elimination round loss (I'm right lane).  I beat him in the index, he beat me at the tree...

>:(

It's been a while since I've been to the track since I got into shooting...  Looks like you had a good 60 ft time for a p/u :)  Love those Lightnings!!!  I've got a 82 GT and a 66 coupe (Mustangs) set up for the old true street class and NHRA Super Gas respectively. 

Trick pony, it's been a while for me too, I hadn't been out in five years.  I used to race my 2000 Lightning a lot.  And I used to run my Mustang in true street a bunch too.  Now I'm selling this Lightning.

I once towed my stang to the track with my lightning but then seemed to always carry more people so got a F-350 and an enclosed trailer.  Sold those to buy guns and ammo :) 

I've always wanted another Lightning but with kids and guns there's just no way I'll get another for a while :(  Maybe a new Raptor if the Wife will let me get rid of her Expedition :)

You are not alone! Many here share the disease! Here's my dad's car, last year's configuration, 9.20's @147mph in the 1/4…. that was with a bored out 454, to 555, he has now built a dart aluminum 588ci block that was just dyno'd at 1194 with no power adders, but is considering selling the car with the 555 to buy a 260" rail car for the 588…. I'll keep you in the loop  :o 8)

post-644-136297286805_thumb.jpg

post-644-136297286854_thumb.jpg