• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Which trust? Now with some questions

85 Jimmy

I just placed an order with NCSilencer for a 762-SDN-6 and in one of the emails I received I was told that they would also send me paperwork to start a trust. I have also contacted a pro second amendment lawyer that has done a number of trusts for silencers and he is supposed to send me paperwork to start a trust.

My question is, is one trust better than the other? From the sound of it the trust from NCSilencer is either free or was added into the cost of the can. The trust from the semi local lawyer will cost me $250. Which should I go with?

I just placed an order with NCSilencer for a 762-SDN-6 and in one of the emails I received I was told that they would also send me paperwork to start a trust. I have also contacted a pro second amendment lawyer that has done a number of trusts for silencers and he is supposed to send me paperwork to start a trust.

My question is, is one trust better than the other? From the sound of it the trust from NCSilencer is either free or was added into the cost of the can. The trust from the semi local lawyer will cost me $250. Which should I go with?

I got my suppressor on Eric's trust just the way it is, but I recommend the attorney for a very simple reason...

You can completely customize the trust to suit any situation that may arise that might not be covered in Eric's setup. If you can spare the cash, by all means go through an attorney and have the peace of mind.

Having said that, I do vouch for Eric's method. His trust is 100% solid and will pass the ATF's review with flying colors. Just don't forget to amend the trust once your item arrives.

My opinion on firearm's trusts - they are enforcable legal documents, and should always be prepared by legal professionals.

Someone who is not licensed to practice law (gun store person with cookie-cutter trust blank format) - should not be practicing law.  That right there, in itself, makes it a bogus legal document.  <thumbsup>

OK, I got an email from my attorney and have a few questions. I should probably call him and ask, but I figured I'd ask here also.

He said that my benenificiary can not be the same person as my trustee. My plan was to make my wife my trustee and my beneficiary along with my son. So I guess I can't do that. So as the trustee, if I die my wife will just hold onto the supressor until my son is old enough to posses it?

Also he told me that I should put 2 beneficiarys down. I really don't have anyone around me that I'd like it to go to if something where to happen. But I'd put my dad down just to be safe. The only thing is my dad doesn't live in the same state as me, so how would that effect it?

Another thing, with my son being the beneficiary, when he's old enough will I be able to legally loan him the suppressor for him to use without me being there?

and my son is a Jr. so do I need to put me down as Sr., even though I don't have Sr. on anything like my drivers license or any other form of ID?

Im not married but my attorney says you should have non spouses as the first few trustees. This way the collection is protected should a marriage dissolve.

I have three good friends as trustees. Everything is spelled out to the letter of how things are handled with regards to the legalities of the trustees.

This is really a conversation for your attorney as everyone has different circumstances.