• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Going to see The Who Sunday

imschur

Well just back from the show. Holy cow these old guys still rock. Easily the best concert i have been to. The show would appeal to a die hard fan more than a casual listener as they play the entire Qudrophenia from start to finish without interuption. During two tunes the played a tribute to Entwhistle and Moon using the music and footage to their respective solo's. it was moving. Once they were done with Quadrophenia they moved on to the classic hits.

Quadrophenia was awesome, so many great tunes but when they played 5:15 I thought the house was going to come down. That energy remained for rest of the show.  I cant tell you how many times I had goose bumps at the intro's to songs.

Anyhow despite being 67 and 68 years old these guys still rock. Daltrey pulls it off pretty good all things considered. Townshend has his parts as well as seems to pick up some of the Daltrey territory to give his voice a break.

The guys never took a break and played for  2 1/4 hours.

We were seated pretty high up but almost directly to the side of Townshend. Probably 100 feet or 20 from the stage.

Quadrophenia

I Am the Sea

The Real Me

Quadrophenia

Cut My Hair

The Punk and the Godfather

I'm One

The Dirty Jobs

Helpless Dancer

Is It in My Head?

I've Had Enough

5:15

Sea and Sand

Drowned

Bell Boy

Doctor Jimmy

The Rock

Love, Reign O'er Me

(followed by band introductions)

Encore:

Who Are You

Behind Blue Eyes

Pinball Wizard

Baba O'Riley

Won't Get Fooled Again

Tea and Theatre

Looks like it was a great show. There is nothing like a good legit rock and roll show.

I took my eldest son with me to see Boston in Reno in the early 90's. I believe he was about 8 years old. I put some shooting style foam ear protection in his ears, and we were about 10 rows form the stage. He was mesmerized.

Every once in awhile I get a look at his Ipod.

It is full of Classic Rock...sure he has his modern stuff, but there is a ton of music on there that comes directly from my influence.

Makes a Dad proud.