• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My Mega Mono Build

sikocycles

Picked it up over on Snipers hide a few months ago.

Just ordered a SSA-E and Bad Ass in FDE to match the PRS and grip

Next will be a Phase 5 EBRv2

Have the rest of the LPK

Just need to get around the CT AWB thing.  Need a brake small enough to get the tool and gas block over.

Barrel, BCG, Brake, Buffer and spring? Decisions............

Happy I picked up a few Pmags last month.

post-2214-136297287007_thumb.jpg

Need a brake small enough to get the tool and gas block over.

You're not going to get any gas block over any brake - unpossible. 

Are you having a brake pinned/welded on the barrel, before you get the gas block on there?  If so, you need to find a two-piece gas block, no other way around that.

You're not going to get any gas block over any brake - unpossible. 

Are you having a brake pinned/welded on the barrel, before you get the gas block on there?  If so, you need to find a two-piece gas block, no other way around that.

He ain't kidding, I found this out the hard way. Lucky for me, Dave Tooley is a wizard with a lathe, and he turned my Bennie Cooley comp down to where my .936 gas block slipped right over it. Worked like a charm, all the way up until the Bennie Cooley gave up it's spot for the Ops Inc brake.

Matt, would/wil your .936 block make it over the OPS INC brake?  That's a combo I hadn't thought about.

I just miked it up and at the widest part of the brake, (the threads for suppressor) it measures 0.860", the ID of my GB is ~.940". I didn't bother to take it apart, but with nearly a tenth of clearance, I'm guessing it won't be a problem.  <thumbsup>

200~300, for both?  It's gonna be tough getting a good barrel (meaning quality, but definitely not match quality) for that.  Especially now, with everything going on.  You'll probably need to rearrange some funds, especially if that's something you want sooner rather than later.

There might be some deals out there, but you better fire up the search engines and be ready with the cards.  <thumbsup>