• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Should I sell off my Maten Build?

george_995

I need your opinions here guys. I have an offer for my Maten build in which is a little bit more $ than I have put into the rifle. I am conflicted about selling the rifle. I love my rifle but at this time I could really put the money to use paying some debt off. I know about the availability issues in the future and at this time. So everyone knows this isn't selling at $3000 - $4000, I am making about $300 more than what I paid for parts.

<dontknow> :binkybaby:

I love my rifle but at this time I could really put the money to use paying some debt off.

Priorities.  If you can put it to good use, by getting rid of it, and that is a thought that you've seriously debated about - you came to that conclusion on your own...

Guns America.  List it.  Let the bidders give you what they'll give you, of their own accord.  Fcuk Gun Broker, go to Guns America, instead.  It's a "morals" thing between the two.

You might be able to pay off more debt than you imagine.  poop is stupid right now.  <thumbsup>

Priorities.  If you can put it to good use, by getting rid of it, and that is a thought that you've seriously debated about - you came to that conclusion on your own...

<thumbsup>

I agree about my own conclusions. I posted up this thread because its hard to let go of this rifle.

That raises a whole new set of things to consider.  It may be next week, when you can never, ever build another one.  Determine what it means to you, and determine what you could do with the money, right now, and what you need. 

If you're serious about dumping it, then do yourself a favor, and maximize what you can, for your benefit.  Knowing that you may never get another one like it.

My opinion - if no weapons are banned, just magazines (that part is a given, right now), then you may be able to build another.  And, you may not.  Ever.  Considering that, and thinking about NO weapons being banned, the market is incredibly STUPID right now, and you can get what someone is willing to pay - and they're paying ALOT.  With that in mind, you could do a little bit more than pay off some debt - you might be able to pay off a very big chunk of debt...  <dontknow>

Is it a monolithic? Yes, it does matter, it might be critical to whether or not you should sell it for what you've been offered.

No it isn't a monolithic, those systems never appealed to me.

I say keep it too unless it's a decision between the gun or the welfare of your family. There's a certain 4" Colt Python and a 64 Chevelle Malibu that I kick myself in the ass for selling every time I think about them.

I know all about seller's remorse :P, I've sold pistols and motorcycles when I didn't even need the money. Even turned a profit with  a couple of them. I've got that same pit in my stomach when thinking about the aftermath of selling my 308 build.

Thank you guys, I appreciate all of your sound advice given. I am going to keep her, the debt I was going to replenish isn't crucial at this time. I am glad I posted about this rifle. <thumbsup>