• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Question for Drew and other CT guys

Rsquared

So I'm gonna be traveling to CT for some work-related stuff in the next cople of weeks. Just wondering what the current environment is to personal protection? Besides the obvious that we've all come to learn recently. Do you think that it would be the worst thing to have my USP with me for personal protection? I'm not talking about concealed carry. Just like, nightstand in then hotel type of scenario?

I hear you brother <lmao>,next thing would be leaving it in the room.I had my pain meds and took them with me when I left the room.When I travelled with pistol I took it with me also.But I did forget a spare mag and mini flashlight when I left ::) the hotel mailed it to my home without problem. :)

Dang, I was hoping you'd be closer to the Mass side, I woulda grabbed you for some shooting and grub!

I'd love to bring some of my "toys" with me to play Edge. It would be a blast (pun) to meet up with you. But, the work schedule is real (and I mean real) tight on this trip. Always another time my brother.

I hear you brother <lmao>

Damn Rene.....if you don't always crack me up...... <laughs>  Hope to meet you some time also face to face. You keep me laughing brother.

Carry On!

I'd love to bring some of my "toys" with me to play Edge. It would be a blast (pun) to meet up with you. But, the work schedule is real (and I mean real) tight on this trip. Always another time my brother.

No need, if you make the trip, I'll provide the toys, easier to travel and far less stress on the trip. Learned that one this year.

Eehhhh. The temperature ain't the problem. I can deal with that. The drive.........please.....I live in the DC area.......driving SUCKS all the time. Just ask Tom.....He'll back me up. I just wish that I had more time on this trip. I'd love to go blasting in between the work. But, it's planning on being a "wham, bamm" type of road trip. A little over a week in the Stamford area. But like I said earlier. Loooooonng days.......then fall down. Get up....do it all over again. After a week........get out.

But all of us East coast guys can definitely plan on gettin together sometime............and Rene.....we'll ship him in from the mid-west....just because.

I live in the DC area.......driving SUCKS all the time. Just ask Tom.....He'll back me up.

Eff that place.  Rush Hour, on a damn WEEKEND - EVERY WEEKEND.  :cookoo:  That whole area can straight kiss my ass.  <nutkick>

No offense, brother - I know you're trapped there.  <thumbsup>

In the Navy one of my buddies took me with him to visit his parents in Bowie, Maryland.  We did the DC tour with me driving and him having forgot his glasses.  :o

After his third or fourth squinting "Turn HERE!!" on the turnpike, he said "You keep cutting people off."  :hornet:  I said "You're the one that said 'Other people have brakes and a steering wheel, they won't hit me.'  Just following your lead."  :thefinger:

He replied "That's when I'M driving!"  :banana:

Jon

Jon, sounds like you drive like my son Josh. That boy worried me to death driving the wife's minivan or his V-6 Mustang, and I NEVER let him drive if both of us were in the Cuda. Then..........he got a Jeep Wrangler! :o

I did then maybe.

He was leaning forward, face over the dashboard going "Uuhhhh....not yet...not this one...no not THISISITTURNFUCKIN'HERE!!" initially.

We were in my '76 Hornet.  <laughs>  <lmao>

Jon