• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Iron Sights???

Just about to finish my .308....have all the parts, just need to assemble them....what type of iron sights do you guys have on your rigs? Just curious, because I wanna see how I do with it before I make a decision on which optic I wanna put on it.......here is what the rig looks like placed together, but not final...

P6070021.jpg

:D

I've got the Magpul sights on all my rigs except for one, but that's just due to cost.  You can pick up a set of the MBUS sights for cheaper than you can get a rear Troy sight.  Now, on the mention of the Troy's - Ive never, ever seen a bad account of them.  From everything out there, the Troy sights are the best of the best.  <thumbsup>

The other sight that I have that's not a Magpul is a GG&G flip up rear, on a rifle with a fixed front sight base.  That's a damn good rear sight. 

I like that front sight , not the rear . Look like well made units though.

I have Magpuls on one of my 308's & like them .

I wanted something of quality manufacture, small, unobtrusive and low so that they wouldn't interfere with whatever day optic I had mounted. I also wanted sights that were actually functionally adjustable for various ranges when I felt like playing with irons. These fit the bill to a tee...

• 8 months later...

I just completed a 6.5 Grendel build that I am going to mount a scope on and for quick emergency transitions or during competition I am going to go with the Dueck RTS.  Check it out - it's a great idea.  You don't have to flip open any back up sights.  They are mounted so that you always have a set of deployed sights that are the same as what you see on an M16A2 except that both the rear and front sight at the 1 or 2 o'clock angle.  A twist of the wrists and you are looking at metallic sights.