• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Others Now

All of the companies that have jumped on the bandwagon thus far is a good sign. However, it will take more than these few companies to really make a serious statement.  We can do our part  by only doing business with those companies that have taken this stand.  If Colt, Glock, H&K, Smith & Wesson or any of the ammo and component manufactures refuse to join in then we as the shooting public should no longer buy their products.  We either stand together or we will lose and lose big.

Spikes tactical

Updated Policy for State and Local Law Enforcement Agency Sales:

In light of the recent and numerous anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment laws pending across the Nation, Spike’s Tactical will be joining other manufacturers and distributors and limiting the business we do in states that have limited the right to keep and bear arms for their citizens. 

As of today, it will be our policy not to sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies, government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We urge other companies to join in support.

Thanks,

Angela

As stated before, we need some of the major players to jump on board if this is to have any real  impact. Glock, Colt, S&W, and Sig would really hurt.  So far, York, Spikes, Olympic and Larue, while all good companies, really don't sell a helluva lot to State and Local Agencies compared to the big name brands.

Don't forget Ronnie Barrett.  He hasn't stated it yet, in the current arena, but he started it w/ CA State.  You can bet your ass he won't be selling to "these new states" anymore.  <thumbsup>

Those other companies are big.  It's gonna take those, plus Remington, Ruger, anf FNH to make this effective.  However, with Remington, Colt and FNH - you have the ones that manufacture all the line-arms for the military (not that they're affected by this).  You already have Barrett, for a specialty manufacturer for the military, as well as Sig (pistols). 

It's gonna take more, and I hope more come out, announce, and stand by it.  The only way to affect states, and voted state's laws, is through their governmental functions. 

It is going to take US to make these BIG companies feel the heat!

S & W and Ruger measure their civilian sales in the MILLIONS.  Last year Ruger met and surpassed their Million Gun goal by 500,000 and stopped taking orders, due to the need to catch up.

Send them emails, send them letters!

Remington (just got the M-4 contract), Colt, FN, there is NO way they will risk their military contracts.  Glock won't risk the 70% of their law enforcement market share now.

"Shooters forget that a firearm is only a means by which to fire a certain ammunition."  NRA BPSHB

This is where it gets sticky.  The ammunition manufacturers need to be onboard.  Above and beyond the ammo makers, powder only comes from a small handful of manufacturers around the world...and they ALL have government/military contracts. <<<<<<period

Blow off 95% of our ammo supplies in one big disorganized clusterfcuk and we're done.  If the groups near the powder makers aren't working to get control of those facilities (should the crap hit), we're working from stockpiles.

Jon

Copy and paste from xdtalk...so who knows the validity...

Thanks for posting this email. I just received a concerned telephone call about it, an email from the staffer who stimulated the mail.

I think a bit of clarification is in order.

The root of the matter is a HUGE series of inquiries by both email and telephone asking ArmaLite to cut off sales to New York and other states which deny its citizens the right to own our rifles, as several other firms have done. Some of the contacts have been duplicates of others and some were so redundant that they appeared to be spam. Many of them have been rude and I'm afraid one of my staffers thought that he was responding to a spammer and was more terse than he should have been. Once he realized what happened he came to me and apologized.

My purpose here is to pass on his apology from the corporate level and to answer the initial question: What is ArmaLite going to do?

ArmaLite is continuing a policy put into place when California first banned our rifles. That policy remains:

1. We will not sell to those states which deny it's honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's.

2. We do not halt sales to individual officers even in problematic states. I am a former Police Officer myself, and the staffer who stimulated the recent anger is a currently serving one. We are well familiar with the fact that most rifles serving Police Officers are purchased by the officers themselves, and that they shouldn't be punished for the actions of their political elite.

We consider sales to those sate subdivisions which are not engaged or potentially engaged with disarming its citizens. DNR and Forestry Departments, for instance, sometimes serve in remote areas that conceal drug farms and their officers deserve good hardware.

3. We will not sell to those lower political subdivisions that deny their honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's. Chicago, for instance, prohibits its citizens from owning ArmaLite's within the city limits so we make no effort to sell into that city. We have many friends on the Chicago Police Department and have continued to sell to them individually.

Our observation is that most County Sheriffs disagree with banning sales of our rifles and many publicly refuse to enforce such laws. We sell to those departments and to their Deputies, but will not sell to those County departments headed by Sheriffs who would deny their citizens the same rights.

In short, Americans need not worry that ArmaLite is selling to those who betray them.

As you can see by reading posts on the topic, some readers have been harsh with their criticism of ArmaLite. It was in response to this atmosphere that my staffer reacted harshly. He's come to me and apologized and I personally am passing my own apology along with his.

But don't be mistaken, ArmaLite is strongly involved with both personal, corporate, and political efforts at the State, National, and International level to protect our civil rights. And we'll continue to support your shooting needs as the situation moves forward.

Respectfully,

Mark Westrom

President,

ArmaLite Inc.

Classy.  We should continue to win popular support for our cause rather than beating the war drums waiting on our Lexington and Concord.  It pushes people who are on the fence to the othher side.  Posting and reposting articles from Abovetopsecret, beforeitsnews and such websites hurts us as well.  The minute that some pro second amendment guy or group starts shooting at politicians and LEOs,  any support we have is lost and LEOs will come out of the woodwork to avenge another officer.  We will win this in the political and popular opinion arena.  Keep in mind that the liberals are watching how we comport ourselves. 

Amen on the use of deadly force.  This battle can be won by superior intellect and tact.  When you look at it, we are much more capable intellectually than the feces throwing burnt out cry baby hippies.  Also, if the administration, DOJ, or other government agencies think they can enforce any kind of ban; or seize our weapons; they are sadly mistaken.  Their own inefficiency will be their downfall.  All we have to do is stay above it and capitalize on their errors.  I believe we can out-think and outmaneuver them in defense of the Constitution of the United States of America.

American spirit arms is in.

Im confused about armalites statement. They do not sell to the people who are not allowed to own thier products in ban states....but they will sell to individual LEOs in those states? Am I missing something or is that about the gist of it?

Thats what its sounds like found this from another forum.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=5921&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=now-over-a-dozen-gun-companies-tell-new-york-to-pound-sand-and-then-theres-armalite

agree...but its clear that the big guys are not going to stop selling. colt, armalite, rock river etc make way too much money off of LE contracts to stop. im not going to scream "boycott" or "traitor"  like so many people are doing on other forums (most of whom are just talking out there asses anyway) but i will remember who took a stand when i am ordering parts/guns. i have also sent emails to all of the above companies expressing my appreciation for what they are doing.

The idea that someones life has more worth than anothers,because of a job title is bullpoopy. >:(

I hear you.  As a LEO, I loved a well armed law abiding citizen.  I hope that these officers are voicing their displeasure to their first and second line supervisors.  Sadly, the guys that are feeling the pressure from this are the small and medium sized departments outside of the liberal enclaves.  Patrol officers that will get to your house or child's school first are the ones that are feeling this.  As bad as it is to say, that is a good thing since there are more guys like them than they are like me. Large departments are loaded with class III weapons, suppressors,  and all the other goodies that they issue to their officers. 

Those are the reasons I say that until the brand name big boys get on board, this will only be so effective.