• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Big bore

MONTANA308

Oh, we're not done with it yet...  <lmao>

THIS STORY IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!  You GOTTA tell this story, Mike!!!  <laughs> <thumbsup>

:o <lmao>

Ok here's the story. This happened about 12 years ago, I was the 2nd shift building super. The bosses son pranked me ! The boss is the "Great White Hunter". In the middle of the night I get a phone call from JC.

I was sent to a closet in the conference room to get something. The door latch or door knob was rigged with an alarm with a bear call.

I walked into the confernce room lights were off , I opened the door to the closet heard the bear roar, light in the closet came on this giant bear is standing there arms streched mouth open. I ran out the room streaming,heart pounding ! Call JC and he is laughing, I hang up. Call him back he is still laughing tell him FU hang up again. He calls me back 5 minutes later we talk ,says he watched me run out into the warehouse.

I find out the next day that the bear is/was the largest bear shot in North America in 1998. 11 and 1/2 foot tall Kodiak bear. My head could fit in its mouth. I think it took days off my life.

Ok here's the story. This happened about 12 years ago, I was the 2nd shift building super. The bosses son pranked me ! The boss is the "Great White Hunter". In the middle of the night I get a phone call from JC.

I was sent to a closet in the conference room to get something. The door latch or door knob was rigged with an alarm with a bear call.

I walked into the confernce room lights were off , I opened the door to the closet heard the bear roar, light in the closet came on this giant bear is standing there arms streched mouth open. I ran out the room streaming,heart pounding ! Call JC and he is laughing, I hang up. Call him back he is still laughing tell him FU hang up again. He calls me back 5 minutes later we talk ,says he watched me run out into the warehouse.

I find out the next day that the bear is/was the largest bear shot in North America in 1998. 11 and 1/2 foot tall Kodiak bear. My head could fit in its mouth. I think it took days off my life.

<lmao>  <laughs>  <lmao>

Video man!  We need video!

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

I was just about to open up with a topic about the .458 SOCOM when I found this. The more I read and look at pics of this monster, the more I fall in love with it. The problem is that the only thing the round is going to kill for me is my bank account. The uppers are cheap enough but $2.50+ per round is too much I think. However, I can still stand back from afar and admire (drooling).

oh man that's funny. reminds me of when I was a kid, visiting Space Farms in NJ. They had the bear Goliath there

NJBEEgoliath_320x480.jpg

12 feet tall, 2000lbs. He was in a pretty big cage but it looked small for him. Anything would :D. The worst part was that if you were walking towards the cage by a particular path, it was blocked by trees till you turned the last corner, maybe 20-30 feet from the cage. The first time I went there as I turned the corner he was on that side, facing me, standing up, with his front paws on the bars and I just about poop myself because it sure looked like he could rip the cage apart.

Ya Price per round is a little steep. Still think ill build one or the 300 blk. Spikes new 300 BLK is so SEXY I want one bad
You're right, Spikes does have a nice one. The upper is reasonably priced too. I'm going to read up more on Spikes. I reaaaaallllyy like Noveske's though. It's pricey but not overly so and the barrels are great. I would just buy the upper.