• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Opinions on other calibers for ARs...

jrtmasp

Pretty much. For me, the 5.56 and .308 cover my rifle needs, and I want to get a dedicated 22lr upper (whole AR rifle?) for training…… http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st22-16-22lr-upper-w12-bar-and-fake-can-p-1014.htmlhttp://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st22-16-22lr-upper-w12-bar-and-fake-can-p-1014.html  ….. thanks for that one J. I would also be interested in a .45acp upper, but only if they got rid of magazine capacity restrictions here (you know my pain there), and only if I could find an interested buyer in my HK USC….. maybe you know someone???? evil.gif

Didn't you say at one piont that you were gonna SBR the USC?

Sorry for the fat fumble fingers above guys.

Edited by Rsquared

I would be tempted to go through the atf form process if I went 300 BLK and with a USC. If you shortened a USC than the next stop down that road would be turning it into a grease gun mp5 clone...that has to be a 3000-4500 dollar investment though. Big bucks and you'd basically be storing a lot of high dollar components that wont be used.

Edited by jrtmasp

It's very common for lowers to be marked "multi" now. There is no difference between a multi and a standard marked lower.

The main different types of lowers are:

• Standard billet/forged AR-15

• Billet/Forged Armalite style lower

• Billet/Forged DPMS/KAC Style lower

• Billet/Forged G3 style lower

• Pistol caliber dedicated lower (uses pistol/smg style magazines)

• 22lr dedicated lower - doesn't usually accept standard AR-15 parts, uses 22lr specific mags

Didn't you say at one piont that you were gonna SBR the USC?

Sorry for the fat fumble fingers above guys.

Yes, but the present climate, career change, and new additions have made sacrificing funds now an unadvised budget move. I would almost rather sell it , buy the 22lr upper and put the rest towards a 1911, seeing as it only has 100rds through it as stock. dontknow.gif