• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hi from Florida

APR

I am new to ARs , and I just started a 308 build . I got some parts already , and I hope I didn't screw up , with what I got .   Man it sure is hard trying to find parts .  I started with a stripped DPMS upper receiver from Midway USA . I found a BCG on Armslist , and the forward assist from Midway .  I picked up a complete DPMS lower on gunbroker.com .  I ordered a 20" threaded bull barrel from Black Hole , but they have a lead time of ten to twelve weeks .  Oh , and I got a Troy TRX 308 extreme 13.8" low profile battlerail . 

I have a 1911 45 , and my son has an M1 Garand , and we just started shooting a Hernando SportsMans  club .   I can hardly wait to shoot the 308 . 

Please feel free to tell me if I did wrong in what I got so far .

I still need to get sights  , but I don't know what to get , and I want a Trijicon scope , but I don't know what to get there either .

Any input would really be appreciated .  

Hi George , Thank you for the welcome .  May be we will run into each other @ HSC some time . 

I'm still trying to round up parts , for my 308 build .  The lower I have is a DPMS , with the DPMS collapsible stock . I am looking to change it out . What do you think of the LMT SOPMOD , or the B5 SOPMOD ? 

Hi George , Thank you for the welcome .  May be we will run into each other @ HSC some time . 

I'm still trying to round up parts , for my 308 build .  The lower I have is a DPMS , with the DPMS collapsible stock . I am looking to change it out . What do you think of the LMT SOPMOD , or the B5 SOPMOD ? 

I am a regular at the HSC. Just went yesterday to the 200 yard line, lucked out with the weather. Didn't rain while  I was shooting, wind picked up heavy later in the evening though. Those seem pretty nice, for the price I like vltor products though, I think the vltor emod stock is comparable product for half the price. I had the emod with a5 buffer system on one of my ar15's, it was nice but will pull beard hair.

Another range is in the worxs for our area, 600 yds. I believe it is located in Lecanto, Fl , great for me 10 min. drive time.banana.gif

http://outpostrange.com/#

I am a regular at the HSC. Just went yesterday to the 200 yard line, lucked out with the weather. Didn't rain while  I was shooting, wind picked up heavy later in the evening though. Those seem pretty nice, for the price I like vltor products though, I think the vltor emod stock is comparable product for half the price. I had the emod with a5 buffer system on one of my ar15's, it was nice but will pull beard hair.

Another range is in the worxs for our area, 600 yds. I believe it is located in Lecanto, Fl , great for me 10 min. drive time.banana.gif

http://outpostrange.com/#

Thank you for the reply , and the information on the stock , and the new range .    I did some hand gun shooting back in the 70s , but not much long range rifle shooting .    I just started going to the range with my son , and I'm getting back into having fun , slinging lead .