• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

S&W M&P10 compatability ???

Tank

I just re-read this thread and am a bit confused, what needs to be changed? or better yet what is "wanted" to be changed?

I'm not being argumentative nor am I one of those "all you really need is_______" guys, but I put a different hand guard, pistol grip, and a fixed stock on and I am VERY happy.

So you did a a2 conversion? And it cycles properly? A few different people I saw online had issues with the rifles after they did the conversion

Yes I have a Rock River with an "Operator A2" I liked it alot, so I got one for their LAR-8. It comes with everything..stock, tube, buffer, and spring.

After careful measurement I determined that a spacer approximately 3/8" dropped down the tube before the spring, gave me the proper "Bolt Hold Open" clearance (1/8 to 3/16") and allowed the BCG to bottom out with in the tube and not crash into the receiver...

No argument here either, added ERGO-F93 also spring and buffer, APEX hand guard

and adjustable gas block. Nice set up, with one exception; with the 5 round mags. from S&W or DMPS. Also a few of my 20 round P mags; failure to feed was a common experience.

So now it’s on its way to being gone.

I striped it down to what it was and will use the after market on another build.

I have better things to do with my time then rebuild S&W’s lousy QC.

I am glade to hear your m&p runs great for you and wish you the best of luck.

Yes I have a Rock River with an "Operator A2" I liked it alot, so I got one for their LAR-8. It comes with everything..stock, tube, buffer, and spring.

After careful measurement I determined that a spacer approximately 3/8" dropped down the tube before the spring, gave me the proper "Bolt Hold Open" clearance (1/8 to 3/16") and allowed the BCG to bottom out with in the tube and not crash into the receiver...

Hmm the dpms kit I bought came with a spacer might have to try that out and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I put a RRA Operator A2 on mine using a rifle tube and buffer with no problems....

<<  without a spacer dropped down the tube, the BCG will crash into the receiver  >>

Hmm the dpms kit I bought came with a spacer might have to try that out and see what happens.

Stack quarters, dude.

Make your own spacer with quarters, down the receiver extension.  Then put in the spring, and buffer.  It's a common thing when building a 9mm AR, to keep the bolt carrier from over-travelling, which in turn breaks bolt catches.  On a 9mm AR, using a carbine-length buffer, it take $1.75 to get the job done.  7 quarters, which equal about 0.470".  If you need 3/8" of space taken up (0.375"),then stack up $1.25 (0.334"), or $1.50 (0.400"), and check the bolt carrier travel and the bolt catch operation. 

Stack quarters, dude.

Make your own spacer with quarters, down the receiver extension.  Then put in the spring, and buffer.  It's a common thing when building a 9mm AR, to keep the bolt carrier from over-travelling, which in turn breaks bolt catches.  On a 9mm AR, using a carbine-length buffer, it take $1.75 to get the job done.  7 quarters, which equal about 0.470".  If you need 3/8" of space taken up (0.375"),then stack up $1.25 (0.334"), or $1.50 (0.400"), and check the bolt carrier travel and the bolt catch operation. 

Yep that's what I used to achieve the correct dimension, then I turned one from some allum. stock

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I bought mine about a month ago. I put Magpul MOE hand guard, CTR stock and Hogue grip, and a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 scope. Nothing fancy, but I like it a lot. I've put a few hundred rounds through it. I've only been able to shoot at 100 yards so far but it's more accurate than I am at that range. I'm confident it'll be great at 200 yards, or more.

I am thinking of free-floating it and have found it's a little difficult finding the right tube, since I don't really want a quad rail. But, that's not the fault of the rifle. A DPMS platform tube fits just fine. It's just that there aren't that many to choose from, compared to a AR15.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
4 hours ago, Frankenstein said:

I’m a week into the MP10 game, and I’ve seen that Magpul mid length guards are GTG, as is a Magpul butt.  It takes regular pistol grips, but the second detent spring under the grip was a little surprise.  No big deal so far.

@FaRKle! @MONTANA308 calling og's!! 

Edited by sketch
calling for the necro post! og missed but never lost!

• 2 years later...
19 minutes ago, jme574@hotmail.com said:

I just picked one up new yesterday. We have a local shop her called Midwest Gun Exchange and they still had a couple when I got mine.

Awesome!  Hit the Intro Section and tell us about yourself, and make a specific thread on this gun, and tell us all about it.  There's some proprietary stuff in the M&P 10, so it'll be cool so see what that actually is.