• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

S&W M&P10 compatability ???

Tank

Anyone familiar with these enough to know their compatability ??? They are are occasionally availible in my area , so Ive been thinking of one. But I'd like to be able to mod it of course and not sure if after market parts are or will be availible for it /

My new G&A mag has a right up on it. It does not say what platform it is. Looks like dpms to me but I may be wrong.sounds like it will be a great gun. MSRP $1250, 18in 1/10 5R barrel, ambi mag release looks great good work S&W. also comes in camo

Edited by MONTANA308

S&W isn't owned by Cerberus/Freedom Group, which does/did own DPMS (does anyone know the status of the selling of FG yet, and who they still own?).  Even though I originally said this thing looks to be DPMS based, it's not made by DPMS - unless S&W somehow contracted them into it, for them, outside of Cerberus/FG.  I don't see that happening. 

It's more "KAC SR-25" based, with it's ambi controls.  In a sense, it should share many of the DPMS-based parts, but it could have some KAC-ish qualities that nobody knows about, yet.  Time will tell.

UPS says; my M&P AR-10 SKU# 811311 (civ. mod. Not Calf.) will be in my hands Monday 04/08.

I have been on the computer for the past week beating my brains out trying to find enhancements for this rifle. What I have found is bits and pieces of information that leads to more questions. S&W web page has zero on compatibility and on another forum I am informed asking S&W for measurements of any type is somewhat of a waste of time.

On You Tube I found some info, one guy trying to switch barrels, plus other parts to something “he” thought was or would enhance accuracy, it did not work; S&W threads and bolt carriers are proprietary!

As I look for a 15” carbon fiber free float hand guard I question, if the threading will match up ? Also the trigger at 6+ lbs. for the use I plain for this rifle, I will need to sit with my gunsmith before I start ordering enhancement parts for it.

There are a good number of postings from people that have the rifle in hand and say as is; it will do 1 MOA at 100 yards. (with “good” ammo). My objective is to remove as much weight as I can; keeping the accuracy to what it is supposed to be now or enhancing it.

Switching out, Hand guard for a 15” carbon fiber free float hand guard, S&W muzzle brake, for Surefire MB762-211C Muzzle Brake / Suppressor Adapter, S&W 6+ lb. trigger, to one someplace in 3 lb. range, adjustable stock, to Skeleton Stock if weight reduction is worth it?

If anything, you should have no issues changing out the trigger. Armalite and the DPMS/SR-25 platforms both can share triggers despite their differences in platform parts and proprietary parts. The muzzle break should also have standard threading…. but until it's in your hands…. you know the rest…. 

Welcome to the site

• 3 months later...

I recently purchased a SW MP10 I share the frustration on changing out components  Apex hand guards will fit on the MP 10  2360,2650, 2250 will work with the factory barrel nut. I cut my delta ring off to avoid realigning he gas tube and setting the torque. I installed a 2360 hand guard. I had the most issue removing the pin on the stock gas block. which i change to a low profile adjustable. .750 dia gas block slid on with no issue. One main issue will be the barrels, I been searching and talking to friends. Seems that there barrel aren't interchangeable with other DPMS barrels. I will add the the thread as I find any new information. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a Cali thing. If I put the am I mag release I'd have to have 2 bullet buttons. And it wouldn't function properly.

On a side note I saw a video on YouTube where a guy put the magpul prs stock on the m&p-10. He used the rifle length buffer assembly from a dpms. Mounted up fine but has problems cycling. Which is awesome because I just ordered those two parts. So anyone got any other ideas for a buffer setup?

On a side note I saw a video on YouTube where a guy put the magpul prs stock on the m&p-10. He used the rifle length buffer assembly from a dpms. Mounted up fine but has problems cycling. Which is awesome because I just ordered those two parts. So anyone got any other ideas for a buffer setup?

I put a RRA Operator A2 on mine using a rifle tube and buffer with no problems....

<<  without a spacer dropped down the tube, the BCG will crash into the receiver  >>

Edited by markdavidson

I think I'm just going to sell this thing and start over with an armalite or dpms. Seems to be the better/easier way to go.

You’re not alone in your thoughts of selling this fine piece of equipment and giving the headache to someone who thinks the M&P10 is fine as is.