• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Off set mounts.

I'm looking to put a 45 degree micro red dot on my .308. I'd love a Trijicon RMR, but I think the new Burris Fastfire 3 is a more realistic buy.

What do you guys think about the different mounts?

I can use the standard off-set mount that attaches to the top picatinny, or (since I have a modular APEX handguard) attach a small rail directly to the free float.

Anyone else tried this yet?

I have the ramp on my 5.56 gun. Nice solid setup.issue I have is that the windage knob is slightly in the reflex field of view. I'm using the primary arms green dot and its very low so that might be the issue. I'm sure I could space it out but it doesn't bother me much.

You can remove the offset rail if you are not using it for a cleaner look.

I really like the RAMP mount, and was seriously looking at it for months.

My issues with it:

A. Weight, way heavier than most.

B. The picatinny mount is really close to your eye.

C. It's not QD (not a req for me, but nice)

D. Not 20 MOA (also not a req, but would've been nice)

Reasons A and B were enough for me to change my mind on the RAMP. I ordered a Nightforce Ultralite Unimount instead. I still don't have QD, but that's ok. With the super weight savings, I can mount the off-set mount wherever I want and still be better off than with the RAMP.

I'm thinking a 2" picatinny rail installed at the 1 o'clock is in my future.

botach has the ramp decent priced right now...think it was $130ish

$110!!!  I just don't know if I'd be better off with a QD and offset rail pieces instead, or QD on both the scope + holographic. And they only have the 1 inch in black, not fde dangit

..., or (since I have a modular APEX handguard) attach a small rail directly to the free float.

Anyone else tried this yet?

I'd go this route, right here.  Small rail section far forward (faster target acquisition, the further forward it is).  FastFire III on this ADM mount, directly on that short rail section.  <thumbsup>

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/205/

9ea9e237dc6bf99f112f621585790beb.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

I'd go this route, right here. Small rail section far forward (faster target acquisition, the further forward it is). FastFire III on this ADM mount, directly on that short rail section. <thumbsup>

This was my thought exactly! I was thinking about 4" up on the handguard, forward of the receiver. That'd keep it out if the way of my hands as well.