• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hard to eject a live round on a new build

Dinan5e39

Hello everyone, I just finished my new build.

SI-D MATCHED SET 308

DPMS Lower Parts Kit

DPMS  SASS 18" Bull  Barrel

APEX  HANDGUARD

PRECISION ARMAMENT – MUZZLE BRAKE
DPMS – AR-STYLE .308 AP4 CARBINE STOCK ASSEMBLY
DPMS – FORWARD ASSIST ASSEMBLY
DPMS –  MAGAZINE
Nickel Boron Complete Bolt Carrier Group NIB-X F / .308 7.62×51 (DPMS patteren)

And I used FrogLub paste to assemble it.

So now that you have an idea of what is installed, here is the problem.

After I installed my BCG (last part to arrive) I cycled the rifle with nothing in it and it is smooth as silk. I decided to load the clip to make sure it ejects properly.

I charge it and it is stuck? I pulled as hard as I could on the charging handle (well until I thought I would break it) and stuck... There was a small gap I could put a little screwdriver in to help the bolt carrier back while I pulled and it ejected it okay.

So I think "maybe it is the round?" So I grab a new box and 1 to 2 out of every 10 do this (Stupid California 10rd limit). I looked on some other forums (AR-15) and found some info on this type of thing. Most said it tends to be an issue with 308 rifles that are mill spec parts and it just needs to be fired and broke in.

So I figured I would ask your opinion now that I found a 308 forum.

So what do you think? 

Fixed that for ya.

Sounds like another tight DPMS chamber to me.

I had a similar problem when I was a teenager ... the girl I was with never had been_____ .

So lube it up and go shooting do the breakin procedures , after you have a 100 rounds through it then worry about the tight chamber.

seriously does indeed sound like a tight chamber, now caution if the bolt is not closed and locked do not try to shoot it, I would sugesst a trip to a gunsmith so you do not wreck anything and take your ammo ,what kind is it? is it reloaded? if so it may need to be resized with small base dies hope this helps

It happens on new builds....dont load a live round in a virgin chamber unless you are gonna pull the trigger   Oh,,,,frog lube paste is not the best thing to use on the first time out....you need wet slippery lube....take your pick  :))  Wash

Edited by washguy

It happens on new builds....dont load a live round in a virgin chamber unless you are gonna pull the trigger   Oh,,,,frog lube paste is not the best thing to use on the first time out....you need wet slippery lube....take your pick  :))  Wash

and a lot of it, dripping wet my friend