• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

first 'from scratch' build

Madhouse

I did have a little trouble getting the bolt release catch to work well.  After I tapped in the roll pin it seemed tight, the spring wouldn't reset it, but I dropped some Break Free in there and it loosened up, now it snaps back into place.  If you're having trouble with the selector being loose, I wonder if their springs are up to snuff...

Rob suggested the channel might be to deep on selector but if no one else is having a problem <dontknow> .That was my first lower build.Went through the parts process of elimination on what went where.About the only springs that looked similar in lenght were takedown/pivot and selector.Use same lenght springs for takedown/pivot and other for selector.I got BAD selectors to replace just wondering for myself if I fukedup or what. <dontknow>

I assembled an ar15 lower acouple weeks ago and used a longer selector spring to make the selector work properly. If it is too tight you could cut a couple of coils off of the standard lenght selector spring. Or if it rotating freely find a longer spring at a hardware store and use that one.

Nice!  The addiction begins!!

Jon

Ha, yeah, I've got another PSA lpk with the QMS trigger.  I'll get another lower at the next show and start a different build then.

Now, on to uppers.  I'd really like to put one together from pieces, just to say I did, and for the knowledge.

For the mag catch on these, make sure you guys are screwing the button down until it's flush with the end of the screw.  It makes a difference in operation, if it's not on that far.  <thumbsup>

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a RRA LPK at a really good price and will compliment it with a Geiselle SSA-E down the road, using the extra parts as backups. Tom recommended the Armalite LPK with match trigger awhile ago and I think I'll be giving that a shot on my SBR build next year. I've never bought a PSA LPK but have mostly heard good things.

Edited by jrtmasp