• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Do you guys buy all local or from online?

Magwa

Ok trust in hand i have been shopping local and it seems like the prices are high and the supply is low I asked about a aac-7.62sdn-6 and was told a year wait and so he wanted to sell me a YHM titanium phantom but he wants 1250 for it plus the adapter for QD and am I right or wrong but I believe that can comes with the adapter and the silencer shop sells them for 836.00 so my question since I have never done this before is local or best deal i can find?

Obviously mixed feelings so far from everybody. I've bought all of my cans from the same guy. He's given me good prices, and is always thanking me for buying from him. Plus, they'd have to go through him or another FFL anyway. And, since I solely use him for everything that is factory built (not parts....unless he has them), he's my goto FFL.

Edited by Rsquared

I have been buying local because we got a very well stocked (had 5k guns in stock) local gun pusher, but they announced a 50% off sale may 1st on everything but guns ammo and mags, I went in and my friend the owner has been out for 6-8 weeks and his brother and a new guy are running it. I saw all used guns gone and computer desks in their place (somethings fishy), a lot of new emplyoees and gun inventory down to probably 40% of what it has been for 5 years, the sale is moving lots of merchandise but nothing new coming in and walls are bare of even the hooks. He started selling real heavy on Gunbroker about 3 months back (he did .5 million in sales in first 3 days) WOW! Today I went out and they almost filled a UPS truck to the top with shipments. I believe he is getting out of retail, guns go to highest bidder on the net, no one beating him down on price, will have only a few employees, all of this means less stress and won't have to mess with the accessories, this sucks!

• 2 weeks later...

Heres the deal. If you find it locally it will shave a few to several weeks off the process. Dealer to dealer transfers take time. Then most local dealers charge a transfer fee if you did not buy it from them. dealers here charge $100 for a transfer.. So i try to be locally but buy online if the dealer cant help.

Heres the deal. If you find it locally it will shave a few to several weeks off the process. Dealer to dealer transfers take time. Then most local dealers charge a transfer fee if you did not buy it from them. dealers here charge $100 for a transfer.. So i try to be locally but buy online if the dealer cant help.

Dang!  May as well get an FFL for that.

Jon

yeah here is the delima local guy wants 1250 for same can that SS wants 856 for  that is huge difference and if I have to wait a extra month so what ...I am going to go talk to local guy and see if we can not come to a better deal i would rather buy local..... but damn 400 bucks

My purchasing suppressors online has not been a good experience. Not once.

$400 difference is INSANE. Here it typically is less than $100 difference after fees. That said I think dealer price on the 7.62sdn-6

is in the $800 range. I paid in that area a few years ago when Major Malf was selling to the public and there was no poop hitting the fan.

My dealer was getting $1000 otd for the 7.62sdn-6

• 1 year later...

Ok I am talking strictly cans here as a example the best price I can find on a aac sdn-6 is at  The silencer shop so anyone ever use them?

Silencer Shop is GOOD TO GO you can buy from them with confidence. Look in Silencer Co like the Saker or Spec War. The mounts give a 100%% true bore and a good solid mount surface, they also improved the design on AAC's 3 prong mount so if / when you shoot without your can, no ping/tuning fork sound.