• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from Mi & a few questions

mjk1

1st post from MI. I just picked up a Armalite AR10 after waiting for things to cool down from ( SH ).

I must say I have been shooting the heck out of my new toy, so much so that I have bruised my shoulder. With that said, I was wondering what kind of aftermarket stock is favored ? I was interested in the PRS with the monopod knob, my( 1st ) question is does the stock come with the flip down knob or do I have to buy that additionally ?

(2nd ), I'm not sure how to tell what model Armalite I have , it is a few years old but I can't seem to find the exact model. Mine came in the A2 config but had no front site or carrying handle. The barrel doesn't have a brake or threaded end on it either. Once I figure out how to upload photos I will post up a pic. 

(3rd ) is the model year stamped in the serial # ?

Thanks and thanks ahead of time for any feedback.

mjk1

post-13917-0-42709400-1372599070_thumb.j

Welcome to the forum, mjk!

I can see your interest in putting a brake on your AR10, just like I did on my DPMS LR 308. You'll want to be careful, the blast and concussion from a brake can damage your ears pretty bad. My ears were ringing a week later, and that's a fact. You'll want to wear ear protection. Since my rifle will be for hunting, I won't be wearing muffs -- so the brake came back off. I'd rather live with the recoil.

Welcome aboard MJK1.

It looks like you've a got a A4 version. I think that they used to call it a target rifle since it didn't have a threaded barrel (Can't hold me to it........memory sucks).

And yes, I believe the flip-down monopod is an add-on piece for the PRS Stocks. But, the PRS uses a rifle length receiver extension, which you already have with the A2 buttstock, so you're good to go on that if you wanna swap that out.

As far as dates. I'd do what zipdog suggested and contact Armalite. They'll be able to tell you.

Enjoy blasting away with it my man.

Welcome aboard MJK1.

It looks like you've a got a A4 version. I think that they used to call it a target rifle since it didn't have a threaded barrel (Can't hold me to it........memory sucks).

And yes, I believe the flip-down monopod is an add-on piece for the PRS Stocks. But, the PRS uses a rifle length receiver extension, which you already have with the A2 buttstock, so you're good to go on that if you wanna swap that out.

As far as dates. I'd do what zipdog suggested and contact Armalite. They'll be able to tell you.

Enjoy blasting away with it my man.

Welcome to the site, solid info here ^^^^^. The monopod is found here from the manufacturer:

http://www.accu-shot.com/Accu-Shot-Monopod-Mounting-Options.php

Edited by edgecrusher