• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Going to have 3 builds starting...

DNP

So, I've had a KD lower sitting here, and a complete upper for a while. That's going to be build 1.

Build 2 and 3 are the lowers my dad scored at one of our local shops today. He's been wanting to build one, and my nephew has been wanting one as well. We went in today to kill some time while we were getting some new tires on the trailer. They have had a handful in stock for a whole now. The prices weren't ideal, but they weren't complete deal breakers. They had Aero Precision lowers for $199. I happened to see a handwritten sign on the wall said all standard stripped lowers for $119 this week. I asked...it was the Aero and a few others. Unfortunately there was only one Aero, but we grabbed a Franklin as well. I would have bought a few more if the had more Aeros.

So...ten day wait to go. Time to start shopping parts. I'm going to put together a list of things I'm looking for and would appreciate a heads up if anyone stumbles across some of the parts. Right off the bat I'm thinking I need to find a decent deal on 2 14.5" barrels. Might be 3, but I haven't worked out what my nephew wants. He's young and likes funny things. (Ok, maybe not funny, just not my taste...which I guess is ok. To each their own).

I will have to start on the list tomorrow and start hunting for what I can track down locally.

Right now I will be hunting one upper. I have a complete one, my nephew ordered a complete BCM blemished upper for 99. Just gotta grab one for my dad or one for me and he can have mine. It's unmarked, think it was YHM. I liked Rainier's billet upper, but don't know when she will come back online. Going to sit down with the nephew and work out the wish list for his. I'm going to put together the list for mine and my dads will be close to whatever I go with.

• 2 weeks later...

Should have lowers tomorrow. Went to a local shop I had never heard of before today. Apparently they have been here for a couple years. Just got their FFL. My nephew picked up a 13" rail (some PRW I have never heard of). I've seen a lot that look like it, but assume its some no name deal. Did a quick google and the only place I found it was the website of the shop that sold it to him. Probably "hecho en china". That'll go with the BCM blem/demo upper he picked up for $99. Looks good...just one minor scratch...barely noticeable. Going to be hunting barrels. I think he wants to go 16" and I think I'm looking at 14.5's for me and my dad. If anyone runs across a VLTOR CASV-M in FDE...let me know or buy it and I will buy it from you with some finder bonus beer money thrown in.

Might be more like 2.5 builds. Cancel the hunt for the FDE CASV

So, ordered up Almost everything for my dad's rifle.

Picked up a whole BCM upper minus the hand guard. 14.5" lightweight with a pinned bcm mod 1 complete with gunfighter and a bcm bcg. Ergo grip and a CTR stock for now. Didn't get him sold on a trigger, but I will work on that. He ordered up a 512 to throw on top. Now hunting the CASV-M in black for his build.

I got 3 lpk's on the way. Looks like my build might be more of a "rebuild". I have had a 24" bull upper sitting around since 99 that's barely been used. I'm going to build my lower to go on it and probably replace the hand guard and find it a scope.

Damn it...I might have decided to have my dad run the DD Omega rail instead of the CASV due to availability. If he doesn't like it I will steal it from him later. I also decided to pick up the SSA-E as an early birthday present to him.

Got a MOE rifle stock on the way for mine. A load of bullet buttons and some knick knacks on the way too.

I'm in trouble next month...my wife is gonna drop when the bills roll in. Just ordered Seekins trigger guards for all three lowers....and I'm anxiously awaiting ground shipments from about 4 different stores.

Mags showed up today. First time I had ever seen the ups description "item left at ups facility...delivery rescheduled". Someone forgot a box...though, mags aren't much good without somewhere to put em.

I'm in trouble next month...my wife is gonna drop when the bills roll in. Just ordered Seekins trigger guards for all three lowers....and I'm anxiously awaiting ground shipments from about 4 different stores.

Mags showed up today. First time I had ever seen the ups description "item left at ups facility...delivery rescheduled". Someone forgot a box...though, mags aren't much good without somewhere to put em.

I ordered yesterday, and Midwest px had shipped the order in less than an hour with a tracking number….. that's good for a repeat buy in my book

One down. Pics and some test firing hopefully this weekend.

Total BCM upper. 14.5 middy with pinned BCM comp, bcg and gunfighter handle, DD 9" Omega rail, CTR stock, Ergo grip, SSA-E topped with a 512 and the good ol A1 fsb. She feels nice.

Ok I lied. No pictures today. We had too much fun shooting. That rifle makes me want to build another one. Super smooth, stays right on target. The BCMGunfighter comp held the gun steady like a rock. Loved the trigger and Eotech. Those will definitely be on future builds.

Going to be hunting down the rest of the parts for my nephew's gun. I have now donated to him a BCG, LPK and the seekins trigger guard. He's going to go with a 16" mid length, need a low pro GB, some sort of muzzle device and a charging handle. He'd like the CAA pistol grip and he needs to decide on his stock.

Back to shopping.

• 1 month later...

Got to go visit my dad today.  My mom bought him a Dillon 550 and he has been loading a few rounds.  He wanted to go run a few through his rifle to see how they were doing.  Long story short...MOST of them went bang :))

Got a couple pictures while I was there.

un8v.jpg

zslx.jpg