• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Going to have 3 builds starting...

DNP

Who's Tom? I used to know a guy named Tom, but I think he joined a monastery and fell off the grid.

I heard he's busy digging a bunker in the back yard along with planning a major...MAJOR .338 build.

And I can't wait to be there either. Too bad the samurai won't be up and going. I have had zero time to get that thing running. Hell, it's still not even in my name.

The other two builds are in slow motion. I don't have the funds to do everything. Cerakote is next step. Then I just need a charging handle and probably a trigger to complete mine. My nephew's should be done around Christmas.

Edited by DNP

• 9 months later...

Ha! Finished build #2 tonight! Nephew is in town from college. I ordered up the rest of his parts and we slapped her together. He's got the Primary Arms red dot that was on sale this weekend. Still need to throw that on and take her out for a few rounds. Should be good to go.

Aero lower, BCM blem upper, Wilson Arms 16" 1/7 carbine, cheapo birdcage, and some no name hand guard with goofy proprietary barrel nut. Seen this at a handful of local shops and they all claimed it was their own. The shop we bought it at have a 3 letter acronym for the company, but an Internet search just led me to a listing at the shop we bought it from.

Only hit one snag. The bolt catch was super tight from the DPMS lower parts kit. Luckily I brought two of my lpk's and the catch out of the second one fit great. I couldn't even shove the first one in far enough to put the pin through....it was bad. I was worried it was the lower at first. Second one dropped in just like it should.

post-11192-0-15685300-1404713863_thumb.j

Thanks, I wish I could get my build done. I still need to gather my own parts and do a little painting. Can't complete one build and I already have plans for the one after it. I really need some new income.

Edited by DNP

You could revise and expand your SHTF skills by only eating what you an find laying in the street, which will greatly reduce your trips to the grocery store.

What's more, you could join the Freegans and learn basic skills of dumpster-diving from them.

There are many ways to make sure that life's necessities, such as firearms, can be gathered.

Edit: >:D  Nobody who is sane would advocate the Freegan 'lifestyle' but without a smiley figure, well, the wrong conclusion could pop up.

Edited by gnatshooter

I know and work for a freegan who only rides a bike with buckets for food he has 2 kids and a house in the woods with no power or running water. He is the founder of the local nut farm and also a founder of a foundation non profit that helps his clients net worth well over 3 mill$ don't knock it untill you try it?