• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How to tell you spend your checks at your LGS

bubbasks

Depends on the store.

The LGS looks at my silhouette in the doorway, then they say "Turn on the money vacuum!  Jon got some spare cash!  Is it at least 4-digits worth this time, Jon?"

At the Big Box store, the store security notifies them when I pull up in my truck.  By the time I get inside, employees for the areas I frequent (starting wtih the knives and optics section) are lined up like spokes models on the Price Is Right, showboating their latest or coolest gadgets.  By the time I make it to the hunting department, past knives/optics and camping, I'm usually on the hook for the cash in my pocket and rationalizing the use of plastic when I see there is ammo left over from the truck.

The department manager on the phone usually has their back to me, saying to the person on the other end "…told you he isn't interested in the rifles we can't get ammo for, why can't you get us one of those .300 Win Mag Nemo's?  Fine…he said he'll get two when his buddy in Phoenix finally gets that dam .338 Lapua," as they turn and fake notice me, "Oh hi, Jon! Gotta go…he's here now."

I'm considering just having people make checks out to them or just paying me in gift cards.