• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quote just sent to TAC Driver and Thanks for the kind words!!! My paln is to continue to offer the foorum members the group buy pricing on the Mega Componnets and build parts. I am getting ready to offer another AR build group buy with all the majpor suppliers products and if that works out will keep the rates going as long as possible.

The members on this forum have been great to deal with and have helped me keep my volume enough to ensure we all share in the discounts

Semper Fi

Dave

Dave, any possibility you can get any of the cut-away handguards Mega is making for "Red Jacket Firearms"?

RJF is making a new AR15 called the "KMP MkII". To me it looks like a Mega AR15 with a Mono rifle length HG, a middy MTS piston system, and magpul furniture... The nice thing about the handguard is that they cut away the top of the rifle length rail so that the side and bottom rails wrapped around the railed switch block.

Ok this offering from Red jacket http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=44&category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=6  seems to be the standard Mega AR 15 Billet MTS 300  Mid Length Mono with the Adams Arm Piston kit http://megamachineshop.com/armscatalog/MTS-QUAD/loader.html .

I am glad to see some national press on the Mega product since in my opinion it is the best availble. I have sold several of these this year and they are availble for the the original group buy rate

The trick part is the end of the handguard wraps "around" the gas block. Almost like they cut a rifle handguard to fit the midlength gas system.

Here is an installed midlength with mid length mono upper...

d794cd12.jpg

Here is a close up stolen from RJF...

3205d46e.jpg

Are those clear enough? Hard to do this from my iPhone. I'm just trying to save myself from ordering from RJF. If they get extended another season, I'd hate to think it was my order that kept them in business.

The picture helps big time. I think a compete Gunsmith could do that for you fairly easily (Jim Ruiz Predator Custom does my barrels and custom AR work). My bet is any monolithic AR 15 from Mega could be matched that way with the key being the barrel gas port posion in comparison with the handguard length i.e. mid length gas ported barrel and rifle length handguard or carbine length gas ported with mid length handguard (I always avoid carbine lentgh gas porting myself for reliabilty reasons).

I am happy to get your the componets and connect you  with JIm or discuss with your locsal smith. I really like the way they made that look @ RJ.