• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SITREP ...

SaPPeR524

First ... GREAT Forum / Site ... lots of solid info and I have spent hours lurking around here.  Thought I would finally sign up and say hello.

As for my 308 AR platform ... Its a DPMS carbine length that gave me the normal FTF and/or FTE problems many experience.  I didn't spend a lot of time getting it sorted until lately.  Once my Ti SAS Arbiter can showed up my interest in the project got new life.  Im now upgrading my scope mount to a SPUHR mount ... replacing the FF rail and deciding on a adjustable gas block.

Let the games begin ...

Welcome Sapper...

First, let me say I'm jealous (resident of a suppressor banned state)...

Second, instead of the adj gas block (unless you plan to only shoot the rifle suppressed with one kind of ammo) take a look at the CAR-10 XH buffer and spring, with a [Noveske] "switchblock".

noveske-gas-block.jpg

This will let you select firing between suppressed and regular, as well as making the rifle more pleasant and reliable in either function. A bit more expensive than "just" an adjustable gas block, but you'll never be left wanting more out of your rifle... Buy once, cry once.

Thanks Robo ... im waiting on a JP buffer silent captured spring setup to give it a try.  As for the switchblock ... That Noveske is a nice piece of kit for sure but I can't fit it under my rail =\  I shoot this rig suppressed almost exclusively so not a major concern.  Im more interested in fine tuning it to my tailored match loads for UKD steel matches when im in the spotter roll and have to handle 600 and in targets.