• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS G2

novamark

Actually, very few of us have. The G2 is yet another "pattern" of 308 AR rifles. Since the G2 is relatively new, most of us are waiting on someone to be the labrat so that we get an idea of what the long term longevity of these significantly redesigned components are..... 

So... have you shot it yet?

Actually, very few of us have. The G2 is yet another "pattern" of 308 AR rifles. Since the G2 is relatively new, most of us are waiting on someone to be the labrat so that we get an idea of what the long term longevity of these significantly redesigned components are.....

Congratulations novamark!  You're officially the G2 labrat!

It'll have its own quirks, like RRA, Armalite, DPMS, or any others.

Don't remember who said it but "It used to bother me with .308 ARs not having one defined pattern/MilSpec.  Then I realized they are just like any other rifle on the market, unique, and it doesn't bother me now."

Now comes shooting hundreds of rounds of ammo to give us a verdict!

Well... I guess you can call me the G2 labrat. I have always had an interest in Ar308s'. I have the AR15 and love it and always have. I just wanted the extra punch. This G2 has a good feel to it. I have put a couple of hundred rounds through it. It has not skip a beat. It does not not like upper range loads. It started out shooting 4" groups with surplus ammo. Shot a box of Federal Gold match 168 and it shot a 20 shot group under 2" at 100yds. I went out yesterday and shot some 2200-2300fps. loads with 168 and 175 sierras. It liked them, and I really started liking this gun too. Any other questions contact novamark the g2 labrat.

Well... I guess you can call me the G2 labrat. I have always had an interest in Ar308s'. I have the AR15 and love it and always have. I just wanted the extra punch. This G2 has a good feel to it. I have put a couple of hundred rounds through it. It has not skip a beat. It does not not like upper range loads. It started out shooting 4" groups with surplus ammo. Shot a box of Federal Gold match 168 and it shot a 20 shot group under 2" at 100yds. I went out yesterday and shot some 2200-2300fps. loads with 168 and 175 sierras. It liked them, and I really started liking this gun too. Any other questions contact novamark the g2 labrat.

:wwop:

Nova congrats! get you some Privi match 168gr or 175.....they run bout 16/17 a box

I used to shoot only FGM,but come to find out they shoot just as well as the high priced stuff

been getting moa at 500 yards....at 200,300,400 its sub moa with Privi....if you dont know where to find the Privi at a good price lemme know :) Wash

• 4 weeks later...

Hi nova Mark I just got a DPMS G2 sass two months ago I've put about 101 rounds through it all store-bought three different kinds of shells and I am getting primers that are cratered it looks like to me the firing pin hole is excessive the primer material is flowing back into the firing pin hole upon ignition. Other than that I love the gun it shoots real nice accurate three shot groups most of the time I can cover them with a quarter at 100 yards. not one problem yet no feeding or ejection problems all the shells going to one spot. And I cleaned after every shot for 25 shots and then cleaned after 10 shots for 75 shots. I will clean after 10 shots for 200 rounds. Then the barrel is done. I'm loving it except for the primers.

Edited by Bones

Welcome ARNEWBIE!

Anything is customizeable.  How deep are your pockets?

It looks like the G2 has a lot of proprietary parts from DPMS , so it may or may not have customizing parts available.    They say its uses AR 15 type/size hand guards , but who knows what that means . DPMS may be the only place to get anything from . You people who have these new rifles may have your work cut out for you & of course , you have to report back to us about what you find . <thumbsup>